How Should A Healthy Poop Look Like?

RitterIsa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
(sorry about any english mistakes, not my native language)
I've got a kitten about a week ago, and he is about three months old.
He doesn't use the litter box so far, but that's for another thread. Anyways, everytime I clean his poop from the floor, I notice that it has a too soft consistency (I can't even use a shovel to clean, as I'd do with my dog, so I use paper towels instead) and it also smells really bad.

It's the first cat I ever had, so I don't know if that's normal poop for a baby kitten. Help me on this, please.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, and welcome! Your English is quite good, no worries!
I was wondering if you have had a chance to take your new cat baby in to see a vet? Or do you have one you could call? I'm not sure where you are but it's possible that if you were to take a photo of the poo and email that to them, and then talk to them. It would be good for you to know whether there is anything else going on that we here wouldn't be able to tell you about.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes, R RitterIsa , agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom , best is get the kitten to the vet and for a check and at the same time get the vaccinations done.

Soft stinky poo could mean she’s adjusting to food change or allergic to certain ingredients or could be the food that she’s eating is contributing to the smell.

Worms could be another factor. Has she been dewormed?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would want a vet to check her, as soon as possible. There could be several things, from parasites to bacterial infection causing those problems. She will need to be treated for parasites, and maybe antibiotics. You should not have to clean up cat poop with a paper towel, it should not be that runny or soft.