How Old Is This Kitten?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lillian not feeling good. She ate good at lunch but wouldn't eat tonight. So I gave her KRM with a straw. Almost 2 tablespoons. Her eyes looks watery and she has been sleepy. I sure feel bad taking her from mom. But Levi is doing well. Full of energy and good appetite. He came to us one day later. I hope he is ok tomorrow.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I weighed the kittens today and Lillian was just over 2 pounds and Levi is almost 3 pounds. Dont know why i thought they were only 4 or 5 weeks old. Going by weight they are more like 8 weeks old. Makes me feel better.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Don't feel bad about taking them away from Mum. Lillian sounds like she has a cold. She would have got this whether she was with her mother or not, at least now it can be treated.

Is there any chance you can get them checked over by a vet? They'll be able to give you eye drops and make sure they don't have anything seriously wrong with them.

Keep leaving food out for Mum and the other two kittens in the same place and time every day. It will make trapping them so much easier.

Good luck, please keep us posted.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree, they are at least 8 weeks. It does sound like Lillian has a cold. If it turns into an upper respiratory infection, she may need antibiotics. It's good you got fluids into her.

Are you seeing mom and kittens?

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Havent seen mom and kittens. Took both to the vet. Levi is in good health received first shots and wormer.

Lil had a fever of 103, I feel so bad i didnt think to tell them about the spider we found in the room she was in. I think it must have came in with the carrier. :( Would you see a bite location if she was bitten?

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did they give her antibiotics or anything for her fever?
Yes. Hoping she feels better soon. I had to use a dropper again this morning to feed her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my! She does!

I think you should take her back to the vet. She may need a fever reducer.

Has she eaten at all?

You may want to get unflavored pedialyte to give her with the dropper. It's important she stay hydrated. The vet can give her sub-q fluids too.

Poor baby!

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my! She does!

I think you should take her back to the vet. She may need a fever reducer.

Has she eaten at all?

You may want to get unflavored pedialyte to give her with the dropper. It's important she stay hydrated. The vet can give her sub-q fluids too.

Poor baby!
Not on her own. But will with dropper. I've been watering down can food and also gave her KMR

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is her nose dry? Do her ears feel warm?

You can take her temperature under her forearm and add 3 degrees. I'm concerned about fever.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nose is dry. Ears don't feel warm. I will have to take temp it was 103 yesterday

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Vet just opened at 8:30. They said she was given a shot of antibiotic and it lasts 7 days. I can come in and get eye ointment

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She needs fluids and something to bring her fever down.

You need to insist they see her!