How Old Are You?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I always loved animals from an early age and remember Lassie, Rin Tin Tin, Felix the Cat, Morris the Cat, Roy Rogers & Dale Evans horse named Buttermilk, Wilbur's horse from Mr. Ed, as well as the Saint Bernard in the movie, Beethoven but who's counting the years. ;)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always loved animals from an early age and remember Lassie, Rin Tin Tin, Felix the Cat, Morris the Cat, Roy Rogers & Dale Evans horse named Buttermilk, Wilbur's horse from Mr. Ed, as well as the Saint Bernard in the movie, Beethoven but who's counting the years. ;)
Ah, but do you remember My Friend Flicka, or Fury? They were on Saturday morning before the Lone Ranger, Tales of the Texas Rangers, and Sky King.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when i was young we didnt have to worry about anything only getting hit by a car if we were playing near the streets. Now in the life we are living, you walk in the streets, but you cannot say anything or look at someone in a wrong way cause you could up getting killed,
Of course it depends on your precise location, but in the US at least, general crime rates now are lower than they were in the '70s, '80s, and '90s. We're just. . .more aware of danger? I guess.

I watched a lot of old TV shows like Lassie and Flipper but only because of Nick at Nite. So I guess I'm Nick at Nite old :D.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am black-and-white tv old.

I am "able to walk down to the corner grocery for a quart of milk for my mom" old. In today's world nobody in their right mind would let a child walk to the corner grocery by herself.
It used to happen that parents would send their kids to the store and say "buy me a pack of cigarettes while you're there", and they did, no problems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm definitely around the same age as some of you. :agree:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm DOS, floppy disc old. Big hair in the 90s old, wearing it up with chopsticks to hold it up old.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
jump out of the swings at recess, smelling freshly mimeographed papers at school, pay phone, was alive when JFK was shot old.
also a teacher and a teacher's kid, hence the school references. did you know they don't put swings on playgrounds anymore? not that you would be allowed to jump out of them if they were there...

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
jump out of the swings at recess,
~ Oh boy - it's amazing we did not kill ourselves !! Cast iron & steel jungle gym; steel merry-go-round; ( hold on ! ) swings made of chain and canvas; steel parallel bars in the sandbox. I'm surprised we still have teeth !