How much should my cat eat ?

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat finally got to liking the wet prescription food royal canin, it's 5 Oz can, how much should she eat . She is a nibble type of cat

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat finally got to liking the wet prescription food royal canin, it's 5 Oz can, how much should she eat . She is a nibble type of cat
I follow what the can says and make adjustments. 2 of my 3 cats know when they have had enough so I do not do the math. My other eats too much then throws up so she eats small meals
They are fed 3x a day

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
How old is your cat? Some cats eat more than others. As long as your cat is still active, alert, still eating and not extremely skinny, the amount she's having could be just enough for her in a day.
If what she's been having is enough, that's probably the right amount of calories she needs for the day.

For me, I don't follow the feeding amount recommendation on the can. I follow my Boy's tummy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat is 16 yrs old, so she seems to eat 3/4 a can.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have you been weighing her? That might be a good idea so you know where she is with her weight :)

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 7 pd cat,Peaches that does not eat close to 168 calories. Same with my other cats that are all at a healthy weight.

Last edited: