How much did your cat cost?

-bunn-

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We originally fostered Suki from the RSPCA. We thought we could let her go when it came to the time to do so. We got so attached to her that we kept her. They waved the fee of £20, which included the chips etc.

We think no one wanted her because she's so timid, so they decided to let us have her free. TBH I would have sold my soul to keep her safe, and I still would.

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Balie was UKP300 and Fifi was UKP350. Both bought from breeders.

Ferdy (my ex-stray) had to slip me a fiver to take him on, but since then has cost a fortune in vet bills. Heyho. I don't begrudge him a penny though . . .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flimflam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yola, I'm laughing at the thought of Ferdy wandering around with a fiver clutched in his paw....

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trent cost $65 at a pet store. He chose us as his people so there was no way I could NOT take him home.

Ophelia was free, except for the cost of materials to repair the hole in our wall. She was trapped in between the walls of our apartment building, so we punched a hole in the wall to get her out.

kyttin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ninja Su was $275.00 from a good friend who was also a breeder.
Scooter was feral so Free
Pokemon was $8.00 from a pet store in Ohio
Tomas was given to me by a friend that had kittens so Free
Belle was feral so Free

I love them all to pieces and wouldn't give them up for a million dollars!

Kyttin

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kumbulu, Mark thinks that she was living on grasshoppers. She's a champion grasshopper-catcher. Mark says that her backbone and ribs were sticking way out, though. He fattened her up and brought her to Bill and me.

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Socks and Boo are brother and sister and they were adopted together from the Humane Society. They were free, but we paid a $50 donation (I think) for each of them. And before they would let us adopt them, we had to get them spayed and nuetered, which was about $45 each. In addition to all of that we had to get them tested for worms, FIV, and a few other things and we had to pay for their rabies shots. But, they are all worth it!

I forgot to add that we got them one year ago this week.

kittycuz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All the cats I have ever had were either strays or "gifts". My pussycat was about 4 weeks old when found in my abandoned dog house.

My Tom was a "barn cat" whose mother had died and his granny was caring for the litter. So they were both orphans.

purringpanther

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All my former cats were free.
Orion was $610 and Draco was $565, both including neutering and plane flights from Perth to Canberra.
Draco was cheaper because we got a discount on the plane flight.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fred cost me a turkey leg to coax him out of a tree. He left the next morning and came back with his brother, so I guess I got both of them for the leg.
Georgia cost me a couple months tread off my tires slamming on brakes and sliding to rescue her out of the road, where she had been thrown out of a moving car.
Pearl cost me a trip to the police station to pick up her and my daughter after my little bundle of joy punched out the 300 lb *itch that was abusing the poor little 1.5 lb kitty. The cops let me have both of them for free, with a stern warning.

wibble

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We paid a donation of £40 for Corky. Apparently no-one had wanted her because it was suspected dhe had FIP, that didn't put me and Richard off, and the week before we collected her the CPl took her for her tests and she was given the all clear.

That meant we could get her a kitty friend, and we were given Jinxy for free, after one of our friends told us about his collegue who was getting rid off her. I am not really sure why as she is a sweetie.

Marie

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
KrazyKat, I like that story. Good for your daughter! Sounds like the cops were pretty understanding, too.