How much did your cat cost?

flimflam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alf cost me ten pounds 6 and a half years ago, but that included him being neutered.

Ronnie cost fifty pounds 2 years ago, but that included her being neutured, chipped, and her first two sets of vaccines.

Both from the RSPCA.

Now that is inflation!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our previous cat, Midnight, (deceased) was adopted from a no-kill shelter almost 15 years ago and cost $35.00. This included an initial vet check, all her kitten shots, the cost of having her spayed, and the general cost of keeping her at the shelter for 6 months.

This isn't considered good...Snowball was one of those kittens who are free to a good home. But he got a home with my family and the 11 years he has been with us have all been wonderful!!!!

angelzoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hummm, out of MY cats and not my family cats. Asim and Isha were $80 together. But I think it turned out to be like $130 or something, cause I bought a litter box and some other stuff from the human society too.

All my other fosters and perminates were free.

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's what my cats cost...

Twinkles- $10.00 10 years ago
Tigger- $20.00 2 years ago.
Peppurr- $35.00 1 1/2 years ago.
Vader- Free
Mimi- $50.00 1 year ago.
Majesty- Free
Mischief- $10.00 Last year.
Hercules- Free
Xena- Free
Felix- Free
Spaz- Free

In total I paid $125.00 for all my cats!

bengal cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well being that my Bengals are breeders I do not know if they count here.

Alexis $750.00
Lady Luck $1,200.00
Attar $2,500.00
Lady bug $500.00 and a pick kitten back. A pick kitten is about $1,500.00 to $2,500.00

Pets:
Simon (my Siamese) $150.00
Dixie (DSH) Free

WOW I must be NUTS!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Peedoodle - free, answered an ad in the paper, he had already been checked out by the vet and I suspect he was owned by people who didnt have time for him. He had been declawed

and neutered.
When we first got him, he was so scared, poor darling, if we offered him 'people food', he would flatten his ears and act as if we were going to hit him. I suspect that whoever had him last hit him if he wanted 'people food'. Now he begs for it (except for meat).

We love him to bits!

jason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Abbey was free ( she just wandered up)
Anna Bell was $30.00 for adoption.
Seven (whom is no longer with us ) was $5 for adoption fee.

lhezzza

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooper was $60.00 from the shelter.....

$60.00 includes adoption, all her shots (her whole life) and her spaying.

I think we got a GREAT deal!

sassyfras

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been a while for some, so this requires some thought!

Sunday was free-she was born in my parents' garage
Boo came with our house, so he was free with a very large purchase!
Sassy was about $60 at the shelter and was current on her shots and fixed
Jezebel was about $60 at a different shelter, but we got a $30 rebate on her because we got her fixed at our vet (she was utd on her "baby shots" when we got her)
Punkie was free and gifted us with Karma, Mojo, Nigel, & Redd (Punkie had kittens in a boat in our back yard. We figured that she was homeless and took the bunch in. We intended to find good homes for the kittens, but ended up keeping them.)

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mystique was a ferel kitten rescue. The rest of her family was killed by racoons shortly after)
Rudy and her sister Brieann (Persians) $500.00 each
Jake free (was $500.00 but had defect.)
Tatum persian $500.00
Drysi $500.00
Hallie $500.00
Star Kept from my litter.

So about $2500.00 not including shipping, shots, spay/neuter, microchipping, registration, food.....

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cinnamon was around $60, and so was Fluffy. Cinnamon was from a no-kill shelter & Fluffy was from the Humane Society.

I paid $500 for Tigger, and she is considered pet/show quality. Gizmo was $350, and Scooter was $200. He was priced at $250, but the breeder gave me to him for $200, since he is Gizmo's younger brother.

sockiesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Socks was a barn kitty, so she was free.
Paisley, and Chloe, "my" outside cats, are strays, so I'm really not sure. Probably free to their stupid owner that saw them as possessions and then got peeved when I fed them.

(Sorry, I'm just a little frustrated with her...lol.)

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats were adopted from the Humane Society, three years apart. Squirt was $40, and Joey was $60. That included neutering, and Joey is microchipped.

myste

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Boo was free (not counting spaying, etc)
Tiger and Jorin were $25 each, including first shots. I didn't trust the gal who gave the "shots" so we got them the whole series again.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Honey Boy (now deceased) was $200 (From an Aby breeder)
Milo was $50 but we got that back from the pet shop when we found out he had really bad cat flu so $0.
Popcorn was free (a rescue from the vet)
Coco was 1/2 price at $150 because she was 6 months old and a bit skittish. (Bought from the same breeder as HB.)

But really, if a furbaby was in danger or in need, I'd pay almost anything to make them happy! LOL

Caring for the orphaned and abandoned babies cost about $250 to set up. (formula, bedding, bottles, feeding tubes, syringes, toys, bowls, heating pads, snugglekitty etc). After the initial outlay, they cost next to nothing to care for (except lots of no sleep LOL)

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Opie and Rowdy were $65.00, each from the Humane Society. That included a vet check and "fixing". I should have gotten a discount, for Opie - he was already neutered.

Both dogs were free. I got Ike from my best friend, Katey and my son, Mark, found Pearl in the desert.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I paid $65 for Sunshine when I got her........ what a deal though, shortly after she unknowlingly gave birth to 5 kittens so I got 6 cats for the price of one! :tounge2: They all subsequently went to loving homes.

Snuggles was free, my brothers cat had kittens and I got suckered into taking one

And Cymone cost me $35 at the local shelter.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peeps and Sugey were $99 each bought at the same time.
Excalinur was $120 - all 3 were from a pet store
Merlin was adopted for $50 from a rescue society but we had big vet bills as he was ill when we got him
Striker was adopted thru the vets office who adopt out for the humane society. He was $65, but that included his 1st shots and and 25% off spaying/neutering.

fitzy's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fitz was around $90.00. The cost included first shots and the neuter. I got him at PetSearch. It's an organization that takes in strays and has foster homes set up until they're adopted. Someone had found Fitzy under a car in a parking lot. I'm so glad they did, he's my wonderful baby.