How much canned food per cat per day?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know I know. I know you are right. It's gonna cost money I just don't have 150 bucks is money to me. And he wasn't out in the storm looking to get laid, he just got scared and ran.
It doesn't have to cost that much. Your location says Myrtle Beach SC. Here are some options for you for low cost neutering

http://www.humanesocietynmb.org/p/spay-neuter-program.html

GRAND STRAND HUMANE SOCIETY
P.O. BOX 621
MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29578
843-918-4910
http://www.grandstrandhumanesociety.com/

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
$150 is insane!  My regular vet neuters for $32.50 each.  Since my boys' hormones screwed up the plan and I had to have them neutered while their vet was on vacation, I took them to a different vet who charged $60 each.  That's STILL less than half!  Does your vet use diamond sutures or something???

april womack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Blue Buffalo is not the one you want. You want Blue Wilderness, it is all protein. I use it only as a supplement to my cats diets. It keeps them from jumping on me in the middle of the night because they want food. I don't leave meat products out for more than an hour and they have usually eaten it all before then. I also feed FF as their primary food. I suppliment that with Dinovite to be sure they are getting everything they need. I am on this blog because I was trying to determine if I am underfeeding my 12 pound Maine Coon kitten. Both the cats each get a full can of FF in the morning, with the dinovite, have BW available at all times, and at dinner they split a can of FF. But Bruno is always begging for more, where Max, 6 pounds, is happy. So I guess I need to up Bruno. I also don't put a load of kibbles down, just one cup morning and bedtime. My daughter has a Siamese that was raiding her trash can and anything else she could find. I finally got her to begin putting down some BW and she is beginning to stop raiding everything in the kitchen! She is a tiny thing, but just was not getting enough food for her activity levels. In the beginning all cats will eat a lot of the 'new food'. but that will level off once they figure out they don't have to load up to keep from starving. Fanny would gobble her food and then run to Hollies bowl and nudge him out. But with more food, she is doing better. With 'good food' they will eventually eat less because they are getting what they need. My son has a cat that was so fat she could not jump and would not play anymore. I got them to stop feeding the crap food. By doing nothing more than changing to a quality wet food, the cat lost 5 pounds and began playing and jumping again. Don't be fooled by ads that are pandering to people ideas. Cats are carnivores. Think about what they would eat in the wild, and they ain't eating carrots! I have considered a raw diet, but eeeewwww. The thoought of cleaning that liter box is a little disgusting! I have had two diabetic cats in the past, 2 insulin shots a day for several years on each. It is very expensive too. So the best way to not have that happen, and it is epidemic in both cats and dogs, is to make sure you are feeding them an appropriate diet and not allow them to get fat. It is just like in humans, eat bad and you pay the price.Easier to feed them right and a lot less painful on your emotions.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue Buffalo is not the one you want. You want Blue Wilderness, it is all protein. I use it only as a supplement to my cats diets. It keeps them from jumping on me in the middle of the night because they want food. I don't leave meat products out for more than an hour and they have usually eaten it all before then. I also feed FF as their primary food. I suppliment that with Dinovite to be sure they are getting everything they need. I am on this blog because I was trying to determine if I am underfeeding my 12 pound Maine Coon kitten. Both the cats each get a full can of FF in the morning, with the dinovite, have BW available at all times, and at dinner they split a can of FF. But Bruno is always begging for more, where Max, 6 pounds, is happy. So I guess I need to up Bruno. I also don't put a load of kibbles down, just one cup morning and bedtime. My daughter has a Siamese that was raiding her trash can and anything else she could find. I finally got her to begin putting down some BW and she is beginning to stop raiding everything in the kitchen! She is a tiny thing, but just was not getting enough food for her activity levels. In the beginning all cats will eat a lot of the 'new food'. but that will level off once they figure out they don't have to load up to keep from starving. Fanny would gobble her food and then run to Hollies bowl and nudge him out. But with more food, she is doing better. With 'good food' they will eventually eat less because they are getting what they need. My son has a cat that was so fat she could not jump and would not play anymore. I got them to stop feeding the crap food. By doing nothing more than changing to a quality wet food, the cat lost 5 pounds and began playing and jumping again. Don't be fooled by ads that are pandering to people ideas. Cats are carnivores. Think about what they would eat in the wild, and they ain't eating carrots! I have considered a raw diet, but eeeewwww. The thoought of cleaning that liter box is a little disgusting! I have had two diabetic cats in the past, 2 insulin shots a day for several years on each. It is very expensive too. So the best way to not have that happen, and it is epidemic in both cats and dogs, is to make sure you are feeding them an appropriate diet and not allow them to get fat. It is just like in humans, eat bad and you pay the price.Easier to feed them right and a lot less painful on your emotions.
How old is your Maine coon kitten?

And cleaning up after a cat that eats raw is actually much less gross. Less fragrant, if you will.

april womack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bruno is just 6 months. And a love for sure! Maines are absolutely wonderful cats.

gi frances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If I fed my cat by the directions on wet food "1oz per body weight" he would have to eat just under three cans whole cans, and you would be technically depriving your cat of food. Also it depends on if you are using the 3oz cans and 5.5oz. I know so many ppl who follow the "give them half a can once or twice a day" rule..but they're doing it with the 3oz cans and not the 5oz..like..come on ppl it's not rocket science. 

april womack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, it's not rocket science. But, here we are again, Someone who posts and does not even proof read the post which in the end makes no sense. I have a big boy and I have had diabetic cats. I do not want to feed him too much and have him become ill. But I also do not want to over feed him so he does get fat or underfeed. Right now he is 9 months and already 16 pounds! He is like a rock and very strong. He gets a can and a half of FF a day plus he shares up to two and a half cups of dry food a day with a much smaller kitten ( same age and 10 pounds) I have never had a cat that demands so much food and I have had a number of cats. So rocket science,no. But wanting to be sure they are healthy, yes.