How many times do you feed your stray cats?

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!

Just a quick question, as my mom and I, are feeding stray cats around our house, I'm just wondering how many times should I put food down for them?

Usually my mom will give them wet food around 3.30pm and when I'm home from work, I'll give them kibbles around 8.30pm. There're some feeders that will feed in the morning, however there are days when we don't see those feeder. Not sure if I should start feeding them in the morning as well. As 8.30pm to 3.30pm seems to be a long duration. I'm sure there'll be people giving the cats kibbles along th day, but I don't think those people gives the cats food daily.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's great! I think as long as they continue to look good like this you probably don't need to add the extra. If your weather becomes harsh, either really hot, or really cold and snowy, you may then need to consider it :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is plenty. Most people only feed once daily. That is all teh time they can devote. i make sure the first meal of teh day has lots of kibble so they can snack. at night I leave a small amount because it is inevitable that the food will be gone by morning, the night creatures quickly learn too that there is food available. like raccoons, skunks, and coyotes.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The semi-ferals I have in my courtyard are fed a few times a day, usually 4 times a day. It's around 8 am, then around midday, again around 7 pm and shortly before midnight. When it's very hot, like in the last few days, they are only fed early in the morning and after sunset, because I don't even see them during daytime.

The ferals at my colony, away from home, are fed once a day with plenty of dry food, so that they can eat when they want. There are days when I find some leftovers from the day before.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I go with twice a day for my outdoor colony. When I get up in the morning after I've fed the indoor cats (so around 5:30-6:30, depending on day of week) and then in the evening (again after the indoor cats) usually in the vicinity of 6pm. I like to give them less in the evening so that they'll eat everything and not leave stuff around for the coons, possums, and other random critters.