How many people do you get gifts for during the holidays?

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How many people do you get gifts for during Christmas? (list out please for fun)

Boyfriend
Mom
Dad
Niece (my brother and I don't buy gifts for each other anymore, but I buy for his daughter because buying for kids is fun!)
1 Aunt - she doesn't have any kids, so I always buy for her
2 cousins - much younger than me...although they are getting older and I think it's about time they don't need gifts from me anymore
2 friends
6 friends - we do $5 "stocking suffers", not full gifts
Co-workers - this year, I have 2 EAs in my class, a co-worker who has really helped me out, someone I was job sharing with, and a secret santa...so that's 5 this year...more than usual..
Parent Volunteers and student helpers - this year I bought for 3 parents who have been in my classroom regularly, and 2 student helpers
Students - I have 2 classes this year, so that was 42 kids to buy books for!
In-Laws and family - my boyfriend is one of 6 kids - he buys for his family and I buy for my family, and we just put both our names on them...it's just easier that way!

Do you buy or make? A mixture?

Usually buy...sometimes I'll get a gift or two that requires me making something, but I'll usually too busy in December to make stuff...

Are you a late shopper, or do you have it all done early?

Late...I just started shopping today and just have a few things to pick up tomorrow...I did pick up work-related ones a little earlier, but that was as late as possible too...I'm a procrastinator in all areas of my life!

Do you wrap each one, or do you bag it? Or do you have someone else do the wrapping?

Depends on what it is. If it's something awkward in size, I will bag it, but usually I try to wrap...unwrapping is much more fun!

Do you enjoy shopping for Christmas?

I don't enjoy the process, because I tend to overthink things and it takes me forever and many hours of walking around stores to pick something. I do like when I finally pick something and when I think I have found something they will really like or find useful!

Do you enjoy gifting to others for Christmas?

Yes...but I hate actually giving people gifts...one of those weird social things I have...I would much rather just leave the gift for them to open later! Christmas is a little better because everyone is opening gifts at the same time.

What is the average price (speaking generally) if you feel comfortable listing on each person you listed?

Boyfriend usually around $300...parents $50-100 each....close friends/family $50...co-workers $20...parent volunteers and helpers $5...students $2 - these are just general...if I see something I really think is suitable and it's a little more, I will often just spare myself hours of walking around considering and just spend a little more than I had planned...

Do you save for Christmas all year or deal with it as it comes?

Just deal with it as it comes...keeping Christmas in the back of my mind, of course!