How Long Does An 11lb Bag Of Cat Food Last

SarahDWR

Momo
Kitten
Purraise
i have one cat and I feed him blue buffalo. He will be 1 soon and the adult bag is 11 pd. It says to feed him 1/2 a cup a day. How long will this 11lb bag last me?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They don't print on the label how many cups of food are in a bag. The only way you could know that for sure is to have a scale and weigh a cup of food. You can probably get a good idea by the calories per cup. The bag will list calories per cup and calories per kg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SarahDWR

Momo
Kitten
Purraise
17BDB6B4-B7A7-4A74-861A-FFD730AA75EF-1699-000007DC7D4940C1.jpeg
They don't print on the label how many cups of food are in a bag. The only way you could know that for sure is to have a scale and weigh a cup of food. You can probably get a good idea by the calories per cup. The bag will list calories per cup and calories per kg.

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you feed exclusively dry food or do you also feed wet food? If only dry food, then 1/2 a cup would be fairly accurate to feed per day, but it depends on how many calories there are per cup. As for how long the bag will last, if you are doing 1/2 cup a day, the bag would probably last about 2 months.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Blue Buffalo is around 390 cals per cup. An 11 pound cat (indoor adult not super active) should eat 220 calories so a smidgen over half a cup of food. Assuming you are feeding dry only.

My cats go through about 4 pounds of food each per month. They are highly active indoor/outdoor cats with wet food at dinner. So I think 11 pounds for two months sounds about right (but I wouldn't be surprised if you could go 2.5 months).

wasabii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That sized bag should last one cat at least 2 months if it is all you're feeding.