How long do you play with your cat?

ryleeroo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rylee and I would always play around 9:00 pm for about 30 mins. We will play fetch with his beloved sparkle balls, and have him pounce on his favorite wand toy. I would do this for about 15-30 mins and then I would feed him and I would wind down to sleep. I also play with him for another 10 mins before I got to work if I can. I'm curious as to how long you guys play with your kitties, and what you do during play time.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Depends.

When Link was a kitten he was the only kitten and our cat didn't play. So with Link I played with him for 30 minutes before work, 1 hour minimum after work and then on and off whenever someone yelled "your cat wants you!". Which usually meant he was getting hyper again and wanted to play. And since he still only has an on or off mode tended to happen every 15 to 30 minutes.

When Link was about a year I got Rocket and those two started playing with each other. They liked playing where ever I was but I didn't have to be involved. They would usually go at each other for 30 minute increments, pass out, grab a bite and go back at it.

Now Link is 3 and Rocket is 2. They still play together and chase each other. They still seem to prefer being where I am when playing. It is a little less then before and more of running then a break then running again with detours to rub against me and get pet. Link is so much bigger than Rocket so I think she doesn't like wrestling with him. I don't blame her, she is 7 pounds to his 13. When they do wrestle he usually ends up sitting on her and she yells.

Last edited:

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
5-20 mins ( usually 15-20) in the morning.   evening is usually 15- 90 min.   the limit is obviously me not my cat, though she cant' do "kitty windsprints" more than a minute or so at a time before  needing a few seconds to catch her breath.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until I just can't go any more.  I have just about decided that he if fell over dead from exhaustion, he'd still go another hour.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I play with mine about 15 minutes every 3 hours (when I feed them). They aren't interested in toys yet and can't retract their claws. They are under 1 month old. So, their idea of play is to see which one can make me bleed out the fastest. Or, when I'm playing with one, another will use me a a teething ring.