How far along is my cat ??

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The picture of the kitten is so cute. But I love the picture of the top of this boy's head. I want to just put my hand up there and love him some. Sweet, just sweet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He loves kissing and cuddling them as soon as he gets home he checks on the kittens and molly (he goes to daycare :) he is my sweet lil boy thats for sure

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a question the little girl and the orange boy seem to not be gaining as much as the others one day one of them will gain 9g then the other one will gain only 5g .....then the next day they switch roles lol is this ok ??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's okay - at least they are gaining something, but more weight gain is ideal. You should be very concerned if they lose or gain nothing.

Supplementing these two daily with powdered KMR from PetAg is a good idea. You'd use a syringe and feed a few mL's several times a day to give them a boost. See our articles on hand feeding kittens.

They are probably suckling from less productive nipples.

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Question the babies are coming up to four weeks this weekend when do i offer kitten food ??

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems a lot have started introducing a mush of KMR & canned food around 4 weeks.

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

tried that today they werent interested .....they have now gotten too big for the kitchen scales and like to bite each other its quite funny to watch when i go to watch they meow at me till i pick them up and pat them then they are good lol

Last edited by a moderator:

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are indeed i already have homes for two of them and i think im going to keeo two of them we have a vets visit lined up in two weeks for a check up for both mum and babies :)

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update kittens are now drinking kitten milk all except the little ginger one he had a bit of a taste this morning though so no doubt hell be soon to follow one of the kittens was even eating Molly's kitten food lol they are all alert and perfect and they love my son chance and playing with him mummas done a really good job with them im so proud of her :) oh they are weeing and pooping in the kitty litter too :)

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

family photo molly decided she wanted to share me after all after bitung the kittens if they came near me after she was sitting in my lap lol

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How much should the kittens weigh at 5 weeks old ??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They should weigh around 2 pounds at 8 weeks. The rule of thumb is one pound for every month for the first 6 months. More is good. Kittens tend to gain weight faster when they begin eating wet food along with mom's milk. So, since they are 5 weeks old, they should weigh 16-20 ounces minimum.

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
picture updates ninja and socks

max

Rubi :) 6 weeks old and growing beautifully I have two very good homes lined up for rubi and ninja and max and socks are staying with us:)