How Far Along Is My Cat In Her Pregnancy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We usually have to put food out every day, but yesterday she still had food leftover from the day before, yet she still looked huge. we finally had to give her more food today, but her appetite has definitely decreased (she also is trying to get under the bed when she comes in)

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last night we let Dog in and she seemed kinda grouchy. She ran under the bed and we had to drag her out. Today she is meowing a T O N and definitely acting different.

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We never let her outside. Only in the sunroom. The sunroom is like another room, it is connected to the house and is warm. She has a nest out there, litterbox, food, water, etc. She will never be let outside again, as the first night we brought her home she darted into the woods and we had to chase her. I'm trying to talk my dad into letting her stay in the sunroom as her permanent home.

Calzboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
56E8C898-947C-4C41-8702-CDEA89EE37B5.jpeg
Ah maybe she’s close, just thought I’d share what happened with my cat, she had 4 beautiful babies yesterday, showed none of the signs I was told to look for, she wasn’t restless she ate a big breakfast , then had a poo, then I was stroking her and looked like she wanted me to follow her so I did, she laid in her birthing box and started pushing straight away , took about 25 minutes for the first one, she had no discharge in prior days until she took me to the box and I saw some white discharge like string. All cats are different so just follow her lead . Here are our babies xxx

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dog has gotten H U G E. She's so big. I think she should see a vet but Mom won't take her. I can't believe she's so huge. We got her February 23rd, and she was already breathing differently (like a pregnant cat) and she looked pregnant after meals. And cats are only pregnant a little over 2 months, so she's got to have them soon.

Attachments

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another thing I forgot to ask, Do their breasts look bigger (like filled with milk) before they have kittens? Or does it look normal other than the nipples?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some get milk before delivering, some after.

Do you have kitten formula and a small syringe on hand in case she has a big litter and there are runts who need supplementing?

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we don't have formula, does milk work? is there a diy recipe? we do have syringes for medicine

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats, and especially kittens, cannot have cow’s milk because they cannot digest the lactose. It makes them ill and causes diarrhea.

A can of powdered PetAg kitten formula is $10 at Walmart. Can you spring for that?

Your mother cat will need the extra calcium for nursing, and should drink a dish of formula a day. You’ll have it if you need it for the kittens too.

• Purraise
Reactions: TNR

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
sorry for the late reply. we're going to Walmart today, but we'll be in a rush. I'll ask if we can get formula. We're tight on money so I'm not sure if my mom will get it. Mom also said she'll call the vet if there's no kittens by Monday.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you get the formula?

No worries. She’ll have her kittens soon.

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We couldn't find any formula. Our Walmart is smaller than most.

When we came home today it looked like her stomach moved down and back a little bit, but she acts normal and still eats a ton.

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We came home from Walmart, and I bought a toy for Dog. I went out in the sun room and heard little meowing. I looked in the corner and saw a little grey kitten! She's not done yet, but kitten #1 is here!

Attachments