How Far Along Is My Cat In Her Pregnancy?

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got a cat from our shelter, took her to the vet for her free check-up, and turns out she's pregnant. She wasn't exposed to any male cats since we've had her, and we've had her for almost 2 weeks. The vets (there was 2 in the room) asked each other when they put her on the scale : "is she pregnant? They felt kitten heads in her belly, and confirmed it. She's pregnant. But they didn't tell us how far along she is. I attached pictures, can anyone tell me how many weeks in?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is very pretty, and looks so young!

It’s difficult to say from a picture. She may still be 2-3 weeks from giving birth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They didn't say anything about how much longer it would be. I've never had a cat before so I don't know much about them xD

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Today she's bigger, and you can see her stomach move side to side when she walks. She picked a spot out in the garage, and is there all the time. We're trying to get her out in the sun room before the kittens come, but it smells like dog urine from when we had our dachshund out there. She meows alot more (she was pretty quiet). But she hasn't lost any fur on her stomach or nipples.

Fun fact: her name is Dog

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you clean the sunroom with an enzyme cleaner to get rid of the urine smell?

Mamalolo93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our depend how many kittens she's carrying.
She looks about 4-5 weeks in.
Normally, when you can feel/ see her stomach move, you can expect kittens in 1-2 weeks.

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
her stomach is moving ALOT and her tail is shaking

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she's only 8 months old

Mamalolo93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="Mamalolo93, post: 4545036, member: 10016038"it depends how many kittens she's carrying.
She looks about 4-5 weeks in.
Normally, when you can feel/ see her stomach move, you can expect kittens in 1-2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Mamalolo93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aweeee mine is 8 months old and just had her litter last night!!
It's hard to tell exactly when.
Just be on the lookout.
There is no way to know exactly
20180307_222915.jpg

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dog's tail is shaking alot. Her stomach moves alot too. She likes to be pet, and constantly smashes her head into you. she licks her side sometimes. She's out in the sun room now. I dont know how much longer. She's not as big as most cats, but she's only 8 months old herself. and it could be a small litter I guess. She hasn't lost fur around her nipples or on her stomach which makes me think she's not ready yet, but it seems like she could go into labor at anytime. her stomach is jumping almost all the time

haythewxgeek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure. doesn't look like it yet. her stomach jumps randomly and usually happens in spells. it's been going on for a few days, but it's jumping alot more and her tail is shaking. she tries to get back into the garage when we open the door to the sun room.