How does your cat feel about human skin?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
One of Abby's odd quirks is she can not stand lying on human skin. It was really hot and humid the other day but she wasn't feeling well and wanted to lie in my lap. I really didn't want to put the blanket she likes on, so I checked to see if she would be OK without the blanket and the crop pants I had on. Nope. :lol: She was sitting on the side of me looking sad. I had to put the blanket over the bottom of my legs so my skin was covered.

After I went to bed, I guess she tried it out with my husband, but he had shorts on. He said she kept putting her paw on and then taking it off his leg. :lol:

Anyone else have a cat with a skin hangup?

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee and Fudge don't like the feel of human skin very much, but Fudge will tolerate it. Toffee prefers a fluffy surface.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meep and Sir Eats-A-Lot don't mind skin contact. Chesterfield will not lie against my skin.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think Carleton is phased one way or the other by my skin. He's just happy to be wherever I am and get my attention. :lovecat2:

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Junebug (female - 15) doesn't care either way, and just wants attention when, and only when, she wants attention. Won't lick skin, but will sit on it just the same.

Ember (female - 16) prefers not bare legs, will sit on our pants in our laps, and does want to lick bare arms, legs and hands whenever she can as if we are dirty and she thinks she is cleaning us. We let her do this and she doesn't have much time left.

Lolli (male - 2) has sat on bare legs, but largly prefers pants. He won't lick any part of skin.

All of them prefer blue jeans, whether they are the pants we are wearing, or are jeans laying on the floor, bed, dresser, or wherever. Same with all the other cats we've had in the past - they all love old blue jeans.