How Does Everyone Cook The Egg Whites For Raw Food?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Currently follow Dr. Pierson's recipe for making cat food. I normally separate the yolk from the whites since I don't want the biotin. But it's free protein so I figure I cook it and then add it as well. So my plan is egg the yolk into the batch, then cook the yolk like I would scramble eggs, and then add to the mixture. Would that work?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That will work, if you cat will eat it. I almost had to throw out a batch of food because none of my cats like the smell of cooked whites. They ended up eating around it and leaving the egg white bits on their saucers. Try mixing a little cooked egg white into a few meals before adding to a large batch.

I've been freezing the whites and found a good recipe for angel food cake. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That will work, if you cat will eat it. I almost had to throw out a batch of food because none of my cats like the smell of cooked whites. They ended up eating around it and leaving the egg white bits on their saucers. Try mixing a little cooked egg white into a few meals before adding to a large batch.

I've been freezing the whites and found a good recipe for angel food cake. :)
Second.
Tommy does not like egg whites.

I wish I listened to you guys....

Kittens Not Taking To Raw Food All Of A Sudden? Egg Whites To Blame?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually separate eggs, save the whites for us, and toss into a (yolk inclusive) steamed egg dish for ourselves...and give some of the yolks to the cats.
Dogs like them whole. Pigs =D

Gauntylgrym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just made my first batch and used 2 eggs per three pounds of meat. I soft boiled the eggs so as to mostly cook the whites but leave the yolks uncooked. Then I mixed in the eggs with the meat as I run it all through the grinder. The whites blended pretty well.

Only thing that sucks about this method is that peeling soft boiled eggs is a pain when you're trying to avoid included any shell in the mix.