Kittens Not Taking To Raw Food All Of A Sudden? Egg Whites To Blame?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I've being feeding my two kittens raw food for a while. The one tuxedo has always being a picky eater, but if I put some food on my finger, I can usually convince her to eat. Although the last few days it seems to be harder and harder. The only difference with this food is that I put cooked egg whites. The raw food never smelled good, but maybe it smells worse with the egg whites?

My tuxedo kitten hasn't touched the raw food at all and I had to give her some nature variety wet food after 20 hours. The orange kitten will go for it eventually but doesn't eat it as well.

Still have 10 days left of raw food.

Only other thing I could think of is that I've had to unfreeze the food very quickly the last few days due to time, and normally it has a day to unfreeze in the refrigerator.

Thoughts?

RogueBoi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Raw eggs aren't good for kittens, I don't know about cooked eggs, but maybe try feeding her a bit of tuna with some kitten food. That should get her to eat.

Saf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Raw egg yolks are an essential part of a homage diet - they're nutrient bombs. There's different thoughts on including the egg whites - most don't. I'm not sure why cooked egg whites would be added. If they were happily eating it before you added the whites it may be better to make another batch without them and treat it as a lesson learnt.