How Do You Teach Your Cat Does And Don’t?

maincoonmama

Geriatric/S.N Rescuer
Kitten
Purraise
is the way you are playing with her coming across as prey like?
it can cause dominant cats to become more aggressive

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm having a major problem with my cat about teaching her not to bite me even if it's just play biting
I've tried saying no I've tried walking away all the advice that I've gotten before from posting in these forums
NOTHING WORKs. And to be honest it's making me a little crazy
I take her for walks I try to play with her as much as I can
And she's just getting more playful and aggressive
And I seriously don't know what to do
Jackson Galaxy, cat behaviorist extraordinaire, addresses this topic in some of his Animal Planet episodes of "MY CAT FROM HELL" and maybe in YouTube videos (where he's also known as The Cat Daddy). He does say to NEVER play with cats with hands, because cats will see hands as toys/prey. When your cat bites, I would suggest saying "No NO!" in a firm (not mean) voice and walking away from her. Give her a time out when she does this. She'll get the message if you are patient, loving and consistent. And then when you have interaction and she does not bite, give her a treat to reward her.
The interactive wand toys, such as da Bird and Cat Dancer, are wonderful for hands-free play sessions that will exercise her and work off some of her energy.

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just look at mine and tell them I am going to get their head...They look at me funny but most of the time they stop. Not always but most times.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been pretty blessed with my kitties.
Both Angel & Sammie came to me from the neighborhood. Neither one were/ are counter surfers, jump up on tables, etc..
Anytime Angel would , or Sammie does something they shouldn't, I'd give a firm no & remove them from whatever it was. If they kept doing it, (which was rare), then I'd add a big clap of my hands with the firm no, & that's all it took.