How Do You Cope With Guilt?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:( i am so sorry sassi died tragically, she looks so beautifull she is a little angel in heaven in gods arms now :( Please dont blame yourself, you cannot predict everything in life and prevent everything in life from happening. It is sad that Sassi got hit by a car and didnt survive and i feel your pain. All the what ifs will eat at you it is a normal thing to do to rationalize it in your mind, because you feel responsible for this, but if Sassi didnt run outside tonight, she maybe have ran outside another day. Life is strange, we make so many micro decisions and actions some may prevent a change and for some there is no change at all in the direction of a living beings life.

I am sorry you are going through this grief and loss but time will heal you. You are a good person and sassi loved you for that, she will look after you in your healing. God bless you and god bless little sassi :(

Cats are very agile and sneaky and quiet. I had a cat named Oatis a few years ago, and no one noticed that he sneaked inside the house for the whole day. It was feeding time and i went looking for him outside for a good few hours and searched around the house and thought he ran away when i couldnt find hime. I went back upstairs to my bedroom and noticed a bump in the bedsheets near the pillow, i pulled the covers and Oatis was sleeping in my bed :)

With the guilt feeling its hard to deal with, you will need to come to terms with what you are feeling guilty about. For example: Do you beleive you let sassi out on purpose ? Did you do something intentional so that sassi would get out ? Do you feel like if you didnt spend time doing something else , instead of checking for sassi at that moment in time the accident wouldnt of happened ? Do you feel like you didnt spend time with sassi that day and didnt get a chance to be with her etc. Was it you that ran into her with the car ? no .

I guess guilt would be doing something intentional, doing something with intent for something to occur and when something bad goes wrong, you know your actions of intent caused the outcome.
i cant stop crying. my doctor even had to give me something to calm down

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mmeyers9

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i didn't even know what a sesl point was .

i just thought they were white babies, lol