How do you all feel about NV Instinct Raw?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, how true

Hm

I had to "trick" Magnus into eating the NV raw today. He just sniffed at it when I put it on his plate.

So I put a little ground beef on top of it and mooshed it in, along with a couple of kibbles, and then he ate it.

I wonder if it's because it's still a bit cool from the fridge? but you can't heat them up since it has bone in it correct?

I know I usually heat up his wet food for a few seconds in the microwave if it's been in the fridge so that it's a little warm for him and he'll whine if I don't do that first ;)

So that may be the problem

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He'll get used to that. In the meantime, skip the microwave for the raw, but stick it in a baggie, and run it under warm water for a few minutes. :)

LOVE the video! Too darn cute!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
once again you have the good ideas!

I don't know why I don't think of stuff like this.

lol

I will try that next time....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: The funny thing is, my kids went from not eating it unless it was room temperature (or a little warmer), to ONLY wanting it if it's cool. :dk: If I stick it in a bowl of warm water to dethaw quickly, and don't get it out of there and back into the fridge in time for the meal, I have to stick it in the freezer for a few minutes to cool it down now. :flail: :jump:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do the same thing as Laurie, hold the baggie under the warm water and smoosh the medallion a bit. Now all of my cat's just as of today are eating the NV Rabbit again :dk: I just bought a new bag and this batch seems to be a HUGE hit once again. We will see if it lasts :cross: Even Pipsqueak is eating the rabbit again. Odd, because the last bag only Walden and Wendall would eat it. Even the princess had some with topper's tonight :clap::clap:

TOO CUTE!!!!!!! The video :lol3: :D

OH and I agree with Sally - OH THOSE FLOORS :flail:

Last edited:

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
no, i just tried it again and he's definitely turning up his nose at it.

hmmmm.

I guess I'll just stick with the meat i get from the grocery store

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I jsut looked at the ingredients more carefully. I had not realized how many veggies were in it. I already know from past experience the few food experiences I have had with Magnus where he would not eat a meal was when the meal had a lot of veggies in it. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just want to mention again about this new bad of NV Rabbit medallions I have. Surprisingly and to my happy surprise there are NO bones to speak of it in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so shocked about that and so thrilled. I wonder if they are fine grinding the bone now :dk: I have not had to pick out any bones and the cats are really happily eating up the rabbit. Something was off with those other bags because the fussies were refusing it. Maybe many people complained about the large bones that Nature's Variety made a change. Of course, I am rotating many varieties, some with bone-in and most with bone meal.

Anyhoo - I guess Magnus IS a true carnie!!! :clap::clap: I am glad that my Walden and Wendall will happily eat anything I plop on their plates - fresh raw meat or commercially made ground. Doesn't matter. :D

Last edited:

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just want to mention again about this new bad of NV Rabbit medallions I have. Surprisingly and to my happy surprise there are NO bones to speak of it in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so shocked about that and so thrilled. I wonder if they are fine grinding the bone now
I have not had to pick out any bones and the cats are really happily eating up the rabbit. Something was off with those other bags because the fussies were refusing it. Maybe many people complained about the large bones that Nature's Variety made a change. Of course, I am rotating many varieties, some with bone-in and most with bone meal.
Anyhoo - I guess Magnus IS a true carnie!!!
I am glad that my Walden and Wendall will happily eat anything I plop on their plates - fresh raw meat or commercially made ground. Doesn't matter.
As far as I know, we don't have the rabbit here, but as I've said before, I've never noticed chunks of bone in it. I'm wondering if it was ground differently for the Canadian market than it was for the US and now they're doing it the same for all. 

I have a bison medallion thawing now for the kitten, I just leave it in a bowl of water for a few minutes then smoosh it up. We'll see how he takes to it. 

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah I jsut looked at the ingredients more carefully. I had not realized how many veggies were in it. I already know from past experience the few food experiences I have had with Magnus where he would not eat a meal was when the meal had a lot of veggies in it. 
It looks like more veggies than it is. The mix is 95% meat/bones/organs and 5% "other stuff." The (ground) bone content is 15%.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As far as I know, we don't have the rabbit here, but as I've said before, I've never noticed chunks of bone in it. I'm wondering if it was ground differently for the Canadian market than it was for the US and now they're doing it the same for all. 

I have a bison medallion thawing now for the kitten, I just leave it in a bowl of water for a few minutes then smoosh it up. We'll see how he takes to it. 
Could be.... a nice change for sure. Again, tonight Pipsqueak ate a whole medallion - no bones :clap::clap::clap: Hope your kitten loves the bison :cross: