How do you all feel about NV Instinct Raw?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have not yet tried a chicken wing... but am planning on offering it first to Walden and Wendall and see how they do :D. I also give my cat's (the ones who will eat it :lol3:) strips of raw organic chicken thigh meat. It is tougher than the breast, and they love to chew and chew on the strips. I LOVE watching them chew on strips of meat like that. I think that helps clean teeth too?! But do want to try a wing.

:clap::clap::clap: WOW - GO MAGNUS!!!!! Sounds like you have a true carnie :cross: :clap::clap:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I sure got the signal I have to get over my bone thing and offer them some. :lol3: We barbecued chicken over the weekend. We finished up the leftovers yesterday. The garbage can must not have closed all the way - because I heard this HUGE commotion - all kinds of snarling going on. It was Shel and Billy. I'm not sure who stole the chicken wing out of the garbage - but Shel had it, and Billy wanted it. :lol3: I managed to grab it - can't have them trying to eat cooked bones!!!! :eek: But Shel HAD crunched it, and it was all broken up - next bite he would have been swallowing at least some of it. So thankfully, no splinters... but I guess it's time for raw bones! :lol3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol. too funny.

I just bought some chicken wings and am defrosting them now. I'll see what magnus does with one later today.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I sure got the signal I have to get over my bone thing and offer them some. :lol3: We barbecued chicken over the weekend. We finished up the leftovers yesterday. The garbage can must not have closed all the way - because I heard this HUGE commotion - all kinds of snarling going on. It was Shel and Billy. I'm not sure who stole the chicken wing out of the garbage - but Shel had it, and Billy wanted it. :lol3: I managed to grab it - can't have them trying to eat cooked bones!!!! :eek: But Shel HAD crunched it, and it was all broken up - next bite he would have been swallowing at least some of it. So thankfully, no splinters... but I guess it's time for raw bones! :lol3:
Those two boys :lol3: They told momma :rub: WE WANT THEM BONES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crunch, crunch, crunch...

Lynette.... Can't wait to hear the news about the wings :D :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well, I gave a chicken wing to magnus today. At first he didn't seem to know what to do. he kept pawing at it and sniffing at it and trying to attack it. 

Then he started dragging it around (I didn't cut it up at all as I wanted to see what he'd think of it). Finally he started chewing at it and he ate half of it in one go (including bone). He left the other half, so I wrapped it up and saved it for later for him. I also took a little video, which is pretty funny. I'll try and edit and put it up in a bit.

Last edited:

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He ate all the rest of the wing a little later. I had wrapped up the second half in the fridge and he started whining so I gave him the rest. He ate all of it except he did leave the main large bone of the wing tip. Is that normal? It is a thick bone so I was wondering how he would manage that....

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cool thanks. yes, I didn't know what the terminology was but he ate all of the drumette part and ate all the meat off the wingette, but left the bone tip from the wingette (the end part plus a little where it bends at the joint). Anyway, I have a video. I'll post later.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really envy you guys; one or two of mine will eat raw chicken if I cut it into pieces, but if I give them an actual wing, they look at me as if I'm nuts. Good boy, Magnus!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I don't know if mine would be fighting over a raw chicken wing. :lol3: But they definitely were fighting over the BBQ chicken wing!

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I don't know if mine would be fighting over a raw chicken wing. :lol3: But they definitely were fighting over the BBQ chicken wing!
:lol3: :scratch: HMMMMM maybe we need to soak them in BBQ sauce first then serve.... :lol2:

GO MAGNUS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

klag

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cute video!  His teeth look cleaner already!  Thanks for sharing :)

I myself sometimes skip brushing my teeth in the evenings and just chomp on a raw chicken wing for 30 minutes.  Does wonders!  My dentist hates me though.

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. He already had clean teeth, I just want to keep them that way :)
I myself sometimes skip brushing my teeth in the evenings and just chomp on a raw chicken wing for 30 minutes.  Does wonders!  My dentist hates me though.
lol!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, great job with the video's!  I need to learn how to do all that w/ the music.  Magnus is such a hansom boy!!

That time I tried to give Angel a piece of raw chicken, he just looked at it and walked away, never to return to it.  

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The only thing I don't envy about all this is the floor mopping