How do I stop a cat from licking my hair?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
When it's time for me to wake up (to Monet's standards), he'd lick my hair. He knows its the only way I'd react and move (otherwise, I completely ignore the cats).

He'd lick strands of my hair, pulling them (and sometimes out of my head!). If he doesn't chew them to pieces, chunks of my hair would be removed from his mouth as a giant glob of spit (ugh!!). To prevent him from breaking, or spitting in my hair, I have to move and this gets what he wants, a reaction from me to wake me up.

Any suggestions on how to stop him from doing this, short of a night cap and locking them out? I don't want to lock them out of the room. Ponytail or not, he still licks.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Chilli flavoured conditioner

No, seriously, mine did it for ages but finally decided it was pretty weird fur and gave up (took a while, though).  Short of a tight-fitting night cap, I don't like your chances...

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boy does that too. The only thing I can get to make him stop is pulling my comforter up over my head. He will paw at the blanket near my head for about a minute or so but will then go away. That's the only way I could get him to stop. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I'll have to suffer.. especially now that cassie is doing the same.. D'oh!

sadiecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hair Spray your hair before you go to bed.  They will only do it one more time.  I promise you that!!

Works like a charm.  The tiny amount licked off that first time won't hurt them....

My cats did that forever until I tried this trick.