Housemates cat won't leave me alone!

stiletto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it's just sad all the way around.

"Cat napping" may have been a joke, but let's be clear that it's a bad idea and only a band-aid solution. You save Violet, hypothetically, but then your ex-roommate will go out and get another cat and treat it the same way. Effectively creating two victims of neglect.

The only thing you can really do is keep telling the owner that the cat is lonely. Perhaps, even let the cat into your room. Shower her with affection and attention. See if her owner even notices she's "gone" from her usual spots because she is with you. Keep stressing that the cat is lonely. Even if she get's verbally abusive. You can take it because you'll be speaking up for a creature that has no voice.

kittiesgalor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is obvious that the kitten thinks that your her owner, you feed and love on her, when her abusive owner will not. As for the room mate, I would do this even more just to piss her off, she will be the one to deal with the wrath of the kitty once she moves out. Ha, enjoy, Roomie.

toomanyanimals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, I totally sympathized with you on the first post - annoying cat constantly bothering you.

I disagree with the person who said "just give the cat some love' - that is not the issue. The issue is it isn't your cat and it's constantly annoying you.

Agreed, the roommate is your problem.

But then you go on about how you want a cat of your own. Do you want or not want a cat? Cats aren't just there for you to pick up and hug when you want to, then ignore them the rest of the time. Get a hamster or something if that's what you want. 

Complaining about the cat bothering you and then saying you want a cat is a bit redundant. It doesn't make a difference whether it's your cat or not - you described behavior that annoys you. It's not suddenly going to become less annoying if you are the legal owner of a cat.