Hot Spots From Obsessive Cleaning Questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PatKat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I put him back in the collar even though its healed until some hair grows back. I tried the tea wash and it didn't help. He must be allergic to something else. He has no chicken in his diet because he is allergic. I started him on a new wet food also daily. Hmm just need to figure out what is causing this allergy.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sorry that the tea wash didn't help. That can happen, although it is unusual. Could this possibly be stress-related? If it is, try the tea internally, 1-3 teaspoonfuls per dose, up to three doses per day.

PatKat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is all healed :) new fur is growing over the spots now. Betadine 3 times a day to clean the spots and it healed very well. :)

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Which dry good were you feeding? I noticed simply nourish grain free turkey/chicken changed the shape of their food. I wonder of they changed ingredients. What was the shape of the food? My cats poo stinks now and we are thinking it stress. As mittens only gets dry once a day. But wonder about the simply nourish.

PatKat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Before that fool he was eating Castor Pollux Whitefish and Tuna. It has chicken fat in it though and we had to switch him off of it. Simply nourish is the PetSmart brand I believe and I haven't tried it so im not sure. Do you know if your baby has any allergies? I bet it has chicken in it so Baby Kitty cant eat it he will freak out and put sores on his neck and face. He has wet food 4 ingredient, dry food - Tundra posted above, and treats that are single ingredient. He is a super picky eater and loves all his food. I give him weruva pouches as a dry food additive also but on a separate plate. He wont eat it if its mixed with his dry food. I try to mix his proteins so he gets everything he needs to thrive.

Hmm not sure why the poo stinks so bad now other than the new diet. Maybe talk to a more knowledgeable person on here like Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 about it. I am sure they would be willing to give you some advice on Simply Nourish sorry I have never used it :/

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh guess I read it wrong. Thought you switched them off of simply nourish