Hormone Collars Work!!

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I moved Wednesday. Yay! Finnally..

Kaleb ran under the bed without even checking the space out and didn’t come out for two days. I did have to take him to the vet. Although nothing was wrong. The vet suggested a “ Pheremone Collar”.

She said they work and are pretty fast acting.

I ordered one on Chewy but was told it’d take until Tuesday to be shipped. Then I had to go to petsmart, who I prefer over Petco. And buy him one for the time-being.

Fortunately (this was saturday and he’d only come out once early that morning) he was feeling safe enough and came out as soon as he knew I was home. I put the Sentry Calming collar on and didnt have to wait very long!! Hes now adjusting very well. :daisy:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congratulations!!
This is GREAT news about the collar - thank you for posting!

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's great. Did you make sure to put it on a break away collar? I've heard horror stories where cats get their jaw stuck in it trying to take it off.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
That's great. Did you make sure to put it on a break away collar? I've heard horror stories where cats get their jaw stuck in it trying to take it off.
Tho most all calming collars are not technically breakaway (that I've ever seen anyway?), it's only a buckle with no post and hole, so if pulled it slips out of the buckle and comes undone very easily.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm going to check on the posts. People have been zip tying them to break away colors. So I have been worried about trying them.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
We used one on Trin because he would stress yowl. It definitely helped him as well. We never had issues with him trying to take it off, but we did wat h closely the first few days.

Congrats on the well adjusted move!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Interesting the you should bring up the stress yowl. I have heard it all from him lately.