Hormonal test to check a spayed cat

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Freya has been spayed on August 5th, aged 10 months because a few issues in her health condition prevented me from having it done earlier.
The spaying went fine, but two months later I have some doubts.
In the last 15 days she's been howling and meowing around the house. Not constantly, but she does that out of the blue. Furthermore she tends to dart out the door, and this is something she has never done before.

My question is, is there a hormonal test to understand if she's been spayed for good, of if the surgery was badly performed?
I know that the vets could run an ultrasound scan, but they should shave her again, and her fur has just grown back, I wouldn't like to see her shaved again.

Thanks.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had the same problem with my newest addition. There is indeed a hormonal test they can do; but be warned it IS expensive. When I asked my vet, she quoted me just under $250. I just had to decide to be unknown. She yowls here and there, but never often or for long. I have too many animals to take care of for that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I have read, the test should be run during the period the episodes show, and this might not be always possible.
For instance, she did it a few times yesterday, she didn't today. Could she be in a "quiet" phase?

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't get that far in the talk to know when it's performed. After several months though, she quieted down. I only hear her make a weird howl occasionally now. As expensive as the test is, might want to give it a wait