Homeopet Feline Nose Relief

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried this? It has really good reviews but I’m hesitant to try it for my cat who has always had breathing/stuffy nose problems because the ingredients look intense to me. It also looks like you have to be careful not to give too much and to slowly wean off of it? What are others’ thoughts? I’m a bit suspicious of it.

https://www.chewy.com/homeopet-feline-nose-relief-cat/dp/138097

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We use it with my kitty that has feline herpes. I'm not sure if it really helps her. Have you tried an antihistamine with your kitty?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
We use it with my kitty that has feline herpes. I'm not sure if it really helps her. Have you tried an antihistamine with your kitty?
I haven’t - are you using human antihistamines or a vet prescription?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our vet gave us a list of human antihistamines and doses. We settled on generic Claritin.

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting. I’ll ask my vet next time!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've never used that product but we've used the homeopet line many times and couldn't be happier!

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone see any concerns with the ingredients? To be honest I don’t know what any of those things are.

KittyWittiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would like to point out that there is 20% alcohol in this product, listed as an inactive ingredient. It might not be a problem for some kitties, but for kitties with irritable bowel or sensitivities, it may be a disaster. My poor baby had bloody diarrhea after using this for three days.

Attachments

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^also not to mention the fact that this stuff literally has nothing in it. The “active ingredients” listed have been diluted so much that I would be surprised if there’s even a single molecule of some of them in that bottle.

200C? Really? That means they took one drop of the “active ingredient”, added 100 drops of water, and then took a drop of the new diluted liquid. And then repeated that process 200 times. I’d save my $10.