Homeless with a feral kitten that bonded with me.

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Once when I was in Paris, there was a homeless woman who had a cat. She had a small cart for her belongings and she even had a litter box in a heavy duty garbage bag. The cat was on a harness and leash. Of course it’s not the ideal for people or animals to live on the street, but from what I saw, it can be done, and the cat looked happy, healthy, and well fed. I hope Feralkitten414 is eventually able to get the help they need for themself and their kitten.

Last edited:

Kokomo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
FeralKitten414 FeralKitten414 if you are still looking here and have your kitten. Normally foot pantries will have some food and connections for vet care. I love the idea of getting a carrier bag for him. You can also start training him on a harness. I'm not sure of the shelters around where you are but sometimes they will also help out making sure you can stay with your animal. I am a huge animal lover and would do anything for mine. However, as a first responder I also know how much an animal can mean to someone experiencing homelessness and how they can literally be the difference between life and death. Whenever possible, as long as the animal isn't being abused and that is clearly not the case jerex I always advocate for keep a pet with their owner in these situations. Stay strong. And I hope you are able to come back with an update.

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's Saturday now and no FeralKitten414 yet.......Wow, a homeless guy comes on here maybe for the first time ever, asking help for care for a young homeless kitten that he had found under a dumpster and he received negative judgemental comments right off.....For some reason, as a member here, I feel ashamed for the reaction he received, instead I, no all members should have felt proud that he came to this site site for help and advice..........

If he never comes back, I don't blame him..........Sad

When it comes to strays/ferals, any help AND it may not be the ideal situation, is better than no help.........

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
as I got help that i needed to make sure hes safe and I have someone willing to take him just have to wait for response
I think that FeralKitten did an amazing job.

I have little to add, except I hope the rescuer will always remember the joy the rescued kitten brought to them.
What a lovely, positive thought.

Last edited: