Hills Duck vs Rawz duck

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I said good bye to hills ZD after month of diarrhea and misery for my gal. My vet finally agree to try novel protein and gave me a Hill's Rx duck canned food.

I hate not listening to my doctor but I’m going to give her Rawz duck with added probiotics and digestive enzymes.

do any of IBD parents add probiotics and digestive enzymes to the food? I decided not to ask my vet since the answer will be NO.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that the Hills DD duck food? That's the same garbage as the ZD. Liver, oil, peas, and "sawdust" (powdered cellulose.)

Definitely give the Rawz a try.

Probiotics and digestive enzymes are minor tweaks. They are wonderful if they work. But most of the time, they are just another variable to leave you questioning what's working or not. That said, I found Proviable to be benign to helpful (may work, probably won't make matters worse) for probiotics. For digestive enzymes, I gave Krista a pinch of Optagest with every meal. Might have been a smidgen. If you don't have the pinch-smidgen-dash measuring spoons, you should pick up a set. It makes measuring supplements into cat-sized portions much easier. They are 1/32, 1/16, and 1/8 tsp spoons.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, DD duck. Rawz much cleaner ingredients than Hills for sure. I plan to transition to raw. So my understanding is adding digestive enzyme and probiotics should be ok if it works.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My old cat also got diarrhea from z/d. She was on instinct duck and rawz rabbit

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Do the digestive enzymes make the outgoing less stinky? (i have added probiotics).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We add Healthy Gut prebiotic digestive enzymes and it does not make poop less stinky. In my experience, only raw food makes poop less stinky.