Hi everyone!

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been a longtime lurker on this site and have learned so much. I thought it was about time that I joined and introduced myself :)

I have a sweet, adventurous 2-year-old tabby named Saipha who loves playing fetch with hair ties, galloping around the house chasing balls, and exploring high places. When not in play mode, she likes having extended conversations with her humans and smooshing her face into her favorite humans' noses.

Here are a couple of pictures:

Here she is as a kitten, a couple of weeks after I adopted her:

And this is her first time seeing snow:

I look forward to learning more from all of you!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome! Saipha is so cute! I love her white nose and paws! :)

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat.  She looks like a Mau.  I am slightly partial to that breed.  Oh, and welcome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Mau is such a lovely breed. Saipha certainly has the lithe, muscular body and green eyes of a Mau. Though as far as I'm aware, she's a pretty DSH with good genes. She's currently putting those muscles to good use by running from one end of the house to another, making a racket to wake all the neighbors...

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm betting she's part Mau.  Spots, not stripes - green eyes, and I'd be willing to guess that her front legs are shorter than the back and she will develop the flabby poof near her abdomen.  The 'M' tells me she's also part Tabby.  I'm not too familiar with all the breeds, but I do know the characteristics of a Mau, and she has some of those.  If she bites you for no reason, that is a good sign. lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Huh, you're absolutely right on - the shorter front legs and her adorable pooch that swings from side to side when she walks. Even the biting haha, though I'm trying to train her out of it.

Do you have a Mau? I'd love to see some pictures.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Ardina and Saipha, welcome to TCS :wavey:

Thank you for adopting Saipha and she is a beautiful kitty with nice coat patterns and colors!

Great that you've finally joined us and hope to see more photos of Saipha ;)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can finally post. The Mau was actually my son's cat, but he owned us all. He died last year and the vets never figured it out. I should have done a necropsy, but didn't. The only picture I have of him is when he was a kitten. But I love Mau's. My favorite breed. Yours is a beauty.

Btw. The more I look at your kittys head, the less I think that it is an 'M' I see. Does it look more like a scarab to you?

Last edited:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Such beautiful photos! The one on the blanket especially.. I thought she was really outside!