help!

babiefoot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today i found rhis cat who came up to me and is clearly injured but i dont know what it could be but i am taking her to the humane society as soon as i can but i was wondering what it could be? She has them on her legs too :(

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s a bit hard to see what you mean. Is it the reddish injury on her leg, near her shoulder? Could you get a closer up photo in brighter lighting?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babiefoot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Snapchat-1171878302.jpg

It looks like that she has a few on her leg as well

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Looks like its healing and quite possibly an injury from a fight with another cat, since she was a stray — it’s hard to say. Vet will examine it and disinfect her wounds, possibly prescribe an antibiotic, depending on the assessment of what caused them. without seeing her in person, it’s hard to say what it could be, sadly.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like its healing and quite possibly an injury from a fight with another cat, since she was a stray — it’s hard to say.
:yeah: I agree, hard to say without any prior history. But thank you so much for trying to help this stray kitty and give her the proper medical care she needs to recover. :thanks: Please keep us posted after you bring her to the Humane Society.

babiefoot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:yeah: I agree, hard to say without any prior history. But thank you so much for trying to help this stray kitty and give her the proper medical care she needs to recover. :thanks: Please keep us posted after you bring her to the Humane Society.
Hi update this is really horrible but the police wont do anything as its not classed as abuse and the owners just laugh it off and the humane society wont pay for it or even take her in ill keep u guys posted

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear the discouraging news, hopefully other members with more experience can weigh in with their suggestions and advice. :help:

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you take her to a vet? Otherwise, Google cat shelters in your area and call or email them explaining the situation. If one can't help they can usually refer you to one that can. We had a similar situation with our county humane society. They were useless and in most cases would rather euthanize an animal rather than help it...sickening!

babiefoot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hii! i actually contacted a animal rescue service who talked to the owner of the cat and thw owner gave it up and we finally got her help ❤