Help Please

JudyBoo

Baby Milo
Kitten
Purraise
My cat gave birth on Dec 30 she had 3 kittens but only 1 survived I didn't know she was pregnant because she had escaped but came back. The kittens eyes r crusty and closed no discharge or swollen. I've been using cotton balls and warm water to whip his eyes but I haven't seen no improvement and to be honest I don't think my cat knows what she's doing. The kitten actually just started finding his way around my other concern will be I haven't seen no urine or nothing from d kitten should I take him to the vet

LadyTammy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would take the kitten to the vet he might have clymitia ( spelling is not my strong point) which is an eye infection. Just because you are not seeing the swelling or drainage I would not rule it out. Does mom do anything with it?

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you definitely should take the kittens and their mother to the vet. The mother needs to be fixed and the kittens may need antibiotics for their eyes.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
The mom cat is probablytaking care of bodily fluids of the kitten which is why you don't see "stuff". They have to be stimulated to go by momcat.

You should make arrangements to get a vet visit for kittens eye. They will probably send you home with eye ointment or drops.
Kittens eyes don't open until day 10 to 14...maybe a late bloomer? Vet visit isn't a bad idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JudyBoo

Baby Milo
Kitten
Purraise
Once I whip his eyes mom will lick kittens eyes, I'm goin to call the vet tomorrow and bring them both in I have tea cup chihuahua so I feel like a new mom all over again with the kitten

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is amazing how fast they change...have you taken pictures of kitten? We love kitten pics here...or any cat to be honest!
Yes, but especially kitten pictures; we're absolutely ga-ga over those. :lol:

JudyBoo JudyBoo , welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: :hithere: You've found the best community of cat lovers on the internet and we hope you and your cat(s) will be members here for many years to come.

Margret