Help - outdoor kitty adjust to new life indoors

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NJResident

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww, she actually looks bigger than I'd thought in that picture. More like 8 months to a yr.
Last night was the first time I saw her up close and from various angles and I thought the same thing.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For treats temptations dairy or tuna (though the dairy seems to be a favorite.) I know they are junk food but bribery can be good. 🤷🏻‍♀️ They love the dairy so much I order it off Amazon (it sales out quickly in the stores.)

Clicker training might be a way to help bond with your cat. You can see how to online. Jackie learned tricks way faster with a clicker. Plus it is something the dogs & cat can eventually do together. Jackie knows paw/high 5, sit & meow for wet food, spin, get up on the footstool to get his harness on & off so he can go outside & lately I have been trying to teach him to lay down. I tease my dad that my cat knows more tricks then his dog 😉 Cats are completely trainable.

NJResident

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For treats temptations dairy or tuna (though the dairy seems to be a favorite.) I know they are junk food but bribery can be good. 🤷🏻‍♀️ They love the dairy so much I order it off Amazon (it sales out quickly in the stores.)

Clicker training might be a way to help bond with your cat. You can see how to online. Jackie learned tricks way faster with a clicker. Plus it is something the dogs & cat can eventually do together. Jackie knows paw/high 5, sit & meow for wet food, spin, get up on the footstool to get his harness on & off so he can go outside & lately I have been trying to teach him to lay down. I tease my dad that my cat knows more tricks then his dog 😉 Cats are completely trainable.
What kind of dairy do you use, milk, heavy cream, cheese?

Thanks, I will look up clicker training with cats. I had a super intelligent Siamese cat named, Simon (I named him after the game Simon Says because he actually did what I asked most of the time). He adored half and half, soft cheeses like Brie and believe it or not, wine (I caught him with his head in my glass on more than one occasion). I trained him to walk on a harness but I didn't teach him tricks and never thought to use a clicker (although I did try to use a clicker to train my Cairn terrier puppy but it didn't go so well, lol). I also trained my other 2 male cats to wear a harness but they weren't like Simon, they took me a for a walk.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No it is dairy flavored temptation treats.

& oh yeah Jackie walks me! 🤣 But it calms his hyper but down!

NJResident

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No it is dairy flavored temptation treats.

& oh yeah Jackie walks me! 🤣 But it calms his hyper but down!
Oh, I think I may have seen them in packets.

Haha, I recall how crazy my neighbors thought I was when they saw me with harnessed cats.