Help Needed!!!

lizzyh101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok soo. I have a cat. She got out for two hours around the 6th of august. This would be her first litter. Shes always been very petite. I've noticed some pink and slight enlargement of her nipples and a slightly rounder tummy. I havr been able to feel little "pops" in her belly. They just feel like little kicks. When she got out she was out of heat the next day and didn't have another. Nowww. Yesterday I found out she has worms. Probably from the plague of fleas we have. Despite using frontline on her and my dog and spraying the house. This weekend im going to dewprm her and my dog and bomb my house again.. but could she be pregnant? It's been a little over 2 months since she got out but no signs? I'll try and upload a picture of her nipples.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lizzyh101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has gotten a belly but now I'm wondering if it's just from the worms

Karen77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she got out on the 6th of August and got pregnant then, she would already be either ready to pop or a little past due. For reference, in my post I have a pic of my cat with similar coloring to yours. The pic was taken a week ago and she's still pregnant, but she is huge in the pic I posted. There's really no mistaking it towards the end of the pregnancy, plus they sleep a lot. But I would take her to the vet anyway for the worm issue.

Karen77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has gotten a belly but now I'm wondering if it's just from the worms
This is my pregnant cat... You can see her nipples are huge if you zoom in. Also, at the very end (which your cat would be if she conceived August 6th), they get wide. Like when she stands and I look down on her, you can see how wide she is - almost like a pregnant human belly but out to the side.

Attachments

Jessica Meade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey i agree with the above. i have a gray cat i am fostering and she is very pregnant. and not only do you feel kittens i see them in her tummy. i would try and get some cap star you can order the generic brand and doesnt cost to much fleas have been bad this year and that has been my life savor

lizzyh101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey i agree with the above. i have a gray cat i am fostering and she is very pregnant. and not only do you feel kittens i see them in her tummy. i would try and get some cap star you can order the generic brand and doesnt cost to much fleas have been bad this year and that has been my life savor
Thanks. She has her frontline on for another week or so and I'll be trying something else. So even if she only had one kitten in there her nipples would be bigger by now?

lizzyh101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my pregnant cat... You can see her nipples are huge if you zoom in. Also, at the very end (which your cat would be if she conceived August 6th), they get wide. Like when she stands and I look down on her, you can see how wide she is - almost like a pregnant human belly but out to the side.
It wow. So what could it be that I'm feeling. I know her belly could be hard from the worms but i can feel a lump. Is this your cats first litter?

lizzyh101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she got out on the 6th of August and got pregnant then, she would already be either ready to pop or a little past due. For reference, in my post I have a pic of my cat with similar coloring to yours. The pic was taken a week ago and she's still pregnant, but she is huge in the pic I posted. There's really no mistaking it towards the end of the pregnancy, plus they sleep a lot. But I would take her to the vet anyway for the worm issue.
Thanks very much. She has been sleeping alot. Even through the night but i guess that could be from the worms too. Shes also super fluffy so it's hard to see her belly

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's possible she is pregnant with one kitten. Are you sure she only got out that one time on August 6th? If so, she would be 66 days pregnant now and should be giving birth anytime now.

One way to know for sure is to have an x-ray done at the vet.

Beyond that, she may be experiencing a false pregnancy.

The worms and fleas definitely need to be dealt with.

Have you considered spaying your cat? She will live a longer, healthier life if spayed.

lizzyh101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's possible she is pregnant with one kitten. Are you sure she only got out that one time on August 6th? If so, she would be 66 days pregnant now and should be giving birth anytime now.

One way to know for sure is to have an x-ray done at the vet.

Beyond that, she may be experiencing a false pregnancy.

The worms and fleas definitely need to be dealt with.

Have you considered spaying your cat? She will live a longer, healthier life if spayed.

I've been treating the fleas since they showed up a month ago. They've just explode I've put alot of money it to it. But I'm going to bomb the house this weekend and retreating. The worms will also be taken care of as well. I just realized last night she had them. And yes she'll definitely be getting spayed

lizzyh101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone for all the help. But does anyone know what I could be feeling in her belly if she's not pregnant. I was leery until about two weeks ago when I started feeling very noticeable "pops". I can feel the difference between this and gas. Sometimes I can feel a hard lump and if i touch it it moves im assumed it rolled over. But if not a kitten then what could it be?
~and yes yo everyone concerned she will be retreated for fleas and be wormed this weekend. I have no intentions of letting it go! Lol our furbabies are very important to us. And she will be getting spayed as well

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ultrasound or good palpitation by exerienced vet are cheapier than x- ray.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If it's not a kitten I'm not sure what you are feeling. But pops are usually heard earlier than what should be the end of her pregnancy if she did conceive when you said. Are you sure she has not been out any other time and is less far along?

How about a vet visit to lay the issue to rest?

lizzyh101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If it's not a kitten I'm not sure what you are feeling. But pops are usually heard earlier than what should be the end of her pregnancy if she did conceive when you said. Are you sure she has not been out any other time and is less far along?

How about a vet visit to lay the issue to rest?
Thanks. She is strictly in door and got out only once. The pops I feel are pretty strong and distict which is why i was sure they weren't gas. But I'm going to see what happens in the next couple days and if I'm still feeling them she'll have a trip to the vets

Karen77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for all the help. But does anyone know what I could be feeling in her belly if she's not pregnant. I was leery until about two weeks ago when I started feeling very noticeable "pops". I can feel the difference between this and gas. Sometimes I can feel a hard lump and if i touch it it moves im assumed it rolled over. But if not a kitten then what could it be?
~and yes yo everyone concerned she will be retreated for fleas and be wormed this weekend. I have no intentions of letting it go! Lol our furbabies are very important to us. And she will be getting spayed as well
Lizzy, with my cat when I feel the kittens move in her belly it feels like something is gently rolling around under my hand. If you've ever been pregnant yourself, it feels exactly like your belly did on the outside when you were pregnant. If I lay my hand on her side when she's laying down, I can feel a kitten slithering under my hand. And it will completely change positions while my hand is there. Like my hand will be on a lump one second and then the lump moves. It's really weird but so cool. Now I can actually see them from the outside too when mommy is lying still which is amazing.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Her nipples definitely don't look like what a cat's nipples would look like if she got pregnant the time that you said that she did. I would take her to the vet to see what the lump that you are feeling is...
We have had many a pregnant cats here and I thought I had a pregnant one and swore I felt the kitten popping that you feel at the beginning of pregnancy, it was just gas lol.