Help need some loving from Cat.....

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When we first got Avalon, she was just a baby and three months old and always slept on my pillow. Then she got bigger and slept on the bed. Then we had to take a trip out of state and board her in a cat hotel. After we got back, she never came to our bed for many months and acted very distance but to others, she went to.

Then she came to us and came to our bed and purred. Now she seldoms comes to our bed but she sleeps nears it on a little ledge. She never comes to me though but goes to visitors.

Is this how cats act or what?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She stays close to you at night. That means she does love her humans very much.
It's not some sort of rejection.

My guess is it's simply that she's an adult cat, likes a little space, and that the two of you move too much at night for her.

I have some that won't sleep in the bed if DH is there because he stirs too much and a couple that prefer to sleep beside the bed.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would say this is very normal behavior. Since she is in the room, that shows that she does want to be with her humans and she loves you very much. If she never came around you or hid from you, that would be a different story.

My cats sometimes sleep with us. Sometimes they sleep in the cat beds in our bedroom, but sometimes they sleep in the living room or den. Come winter, it'll be everyone on the bed, I'm sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the assurance guys. Last winter is when she did come in the bed with us. I do think we stir in the bed too much.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be glad she's just one little cat, though. I often wake up surrounded and pinned under the covers. I posted a while back about Casper sleeping on my BUTT!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Be glad she's just one little cat, though. I often wake up surrounded and pinned under the covers. I posted a while back about Casper sleeping on my BUTT!!!
I wish I had your problem...where is your original post?