Help My Scared Cat

Alli_KittyLover

My Companion My Friend My Cat❤️
Kitten
Purraise
Four Days ago my Cat got tangled in some cords in our room. It absolutely Traumatized Him! He's very afraid to go in the bedroom and bathroom now. We have a pretty small apartment, so there's not many other places He likes to go to be out of site of it other than the stairwell. How can I help Him feel more comfortable? I've been hiding treats around the room but He's still pretty wary being in there. I've also had to take him to his box so He can go potty. Should I just move the box to the kitchen? or does He just need some time to feel better.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS :wave3:

You can help him gain back his confidence by carrying him back in to the room and show him that it is safe to get back in.

Just speak to him in a calm and assuring tone and say 'It's alright, everything's fine while carrying him and showing him the place where he got entangled. Stay in there and play with him.

He should be good after awhile. Please remember to remove the cords or any thing that may pose a danger to him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alli_KittyLover

My Companion My Friend My Cat❤️
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS :wave3:

You can help him gain back his confidence by carrying him back in to the room and show him that it is safe to get back in.

Just speak to him in a calm and assuring tone and say 'It's alright, everything's fine while carrying him and showing him the place where he got entangled. Stay in there and play with him.

He should be good after awhile. Please remember to remove the cords or any thing that may pose a danger to him.
Thank You So Much!:)I can tell He does feel better when I talk to Him. and the cords were definitely removed!