Help,, My Cat’s Seizures Are Getting Worse

Sleepykittiesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat is on phenobarbital and prednisolone. The seizures seem to be getting worse instead of better. She pees all over herself and the carpet. During her seizures she runs around peeing everywhere. Not sure how to get her clean, she and the carpet smell to high heaven. I don’t know what to do. She is all banged up. What kind off life is this for my kitty? I don’t make very much at work. Soo, I can’t afford to take her to a neurologist or anything like that. From reading some post on the internet, it seems like a lot of times the test don’t turn up anything anyways. The doctor says that she needs like a padded room. If only I had one of those. Soo, how do I get my kitty clean? She has seizures more and more often almost every hour and a half. She is not a fan of baths and the trauma of getting them might start a seizure. She smells soo bad. I barely sleep. I’m up watching to make sure she doesn’t injure herself during her running seizure. She is only two years old. What should I do? I can’t help but think that she is suffering. Do they make diapers for cats? How about a cleanser that will not dry out her skin since she’ll have to be c,
Leaned several times a day? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, my Dear, I am so sorry that you and your cat are going through this!

There are several dry cleaners for your cat that might help, and Chewy.com carries cleansing wipes especially for cats. You might find them other places, as well, but I know Chewy is reliable. Any good enzymatic cleaner marked "for pet odors" will work on your carpet. Walmart carries a couple, I think. They aren't that hard to find, or you could use Chewy for that as well. This site Planet Urine Products Catalog | Planet Urine - Planet Urine carries a full line of cleaners and diapers, although I don't know much about them!

And here are some links to articles here that might help you be able to afford the vet care that you need for her!
When You Can't Afford A Veterinarian
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life
Financial Help For Cat Care.

Please let me know how the two of you are doing! You are not alone any more!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw the post and first of all I am so sorry to hear about your baby. I do hope u can get the seizures under control. As mentioned above I do have incontinent kitties that wear diapers. I use baby wipes, and I shave them in the diaper area as they do start to smell occasionally. I use regular baby wipes typically, try the ones that are no alcohol, and sensitive skin. I use bag balm (Its for cow udders and u can get it at tractor supply as diaper rash is terrible. The reusable diapers I use are made by fancy pants 4 pets. You order them online and they take a few weeks to get, but they are custom made with the tail holes. If kitty is grown u might be able to order them on petsmart online, or some on eBay. I never used those, when bob was little I made them and used pads in them but it takes some practice and mine still aren't as good. I know u said u don' want to give a bath, but u may have to to get the smell off. When I got catniss she got a full body bath in dawn before the smell left. Hopefully this helps some. O, I got the shavers on eBay for 20 and they work great and are quiet, and if u use disposable, cut the hole for tail and tape the tabs shut together or u will find a diaper somewhere and hopefully not 3 months later lol (it happened when bob was really small). Hopefully u have someone to help u to shave, and if not I actually found a place that does them for 5 each so call nd explain the situation. If u need anything else I'll be happy to help

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
krisrath11 krisrath11 , how on EARTH did I manage to forget about fancypants4pets??? I kept thinking, "I should know this..." but it escaped me. That's what getting old will do for you!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lol it happens to the best of us! She just now is getting hers sent out as I guess she was gone longer than expected so hopefully she can get some quickly if u choose to get these