HELP my cats going into 10th week of pregnancy and no kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jaderayner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shall I dare go to sleep tonight? She clawed me for trying to walk away to get my drink. Her eyes are also very wide and black! She looks at me like she wants to cut my throat haha 😂

Jaderayner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
8.12am and shes woke me up to her waters breaking on my bed!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cat can have ovarian tissue hiding out that can develop enough to actually cause a heat cycle, this is called ovarian remnant syndrome.
That wouldn't be enough for her to get pregnant though, because there wouldn't be enough left of the ovary to drop eggs.

It's really weird that they got as far as cutting her open and just. . .forgot? I can understand if one gets missed during a mass spay event but a vet who's only spaying/neutering a couple cats really shouldn't be making a mistake like that. I'd definitely be hitting them up for some kitten support ;).

Eeee, little teeny calicos! Daddy must be a ginger cat.

Jaderayner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That wouldn't be enough for her to get pregnant though, because there wouldn't be enough left of the ovary to drop eggs.

It's really weird that they got as far as cutting her open and just. . .forgot? I can understand if one gets missed during a mass spay event but a vet who's only spaying/neutering a couple cats really shouldn't be making a mistake like that. I'd definitely be hitting them up for some kitten support ;).

Eeee, little teeny calicos! Daddy must be a ginger cat.
Vets have taken legal liability and offered me £5500 compensation.