HELP my cats going into 10th week of pregnancy and no kittens

Jaderayner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Going to be a long one. So I got 2 kittens last July (brother and sister)...I took them to the vets in August for them both to be spayed and neutered. All went well, no problems!

Fast forward to week of February 3rd 2020 and my little lady is acting so weird. Constantly meowing, wanting to be outside, rubbing herself on me, rolling on the floor. I didn't think anything of it just thought she was being weird (haha)...anyway, follow on to 3 weeks later, she starts being sick everywhere. I rushed her to vets because round here alot of people put anti freeze in their cars and I thought she may have been poisoned. Only vets come back and said blood work said shes pregnant!!! I told them thats not possible as she was spayed by them in the previous August! I took her to a second vet and they confirmed by ultra sound she is pregnant! (I'm now having a legal battle with 1st vet)...anyway! I have absolutely no idea when in that week of Feb when she would have mated! I've been going from the middle of the week (wednesday 5th feb) which will take us to 68 days pregnant today. No signs of labour. Clear stuff coming out of nipples if I squeeze them, babies feel like they're having a party all the time and I've been feeling them for well over a week! She's a really affectionate cat anyway and always sucks on my dressing gown or neck and shes still doing this. Shes now only eating little and often. Some days she seems skinnier then other days she looks like shes gonna pop. She growls at my other cat a lot and then meows for him! About 3 days ago she had a massive bout of diarrhoea and she's done nothing but sleep. Other than that nothing!

Im really worried somethings wrong!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds really close and her behavior sounds normal for a near-term pregnant cat. It sounds like she’ll be having kittens in the next few days. Since you are not quite sure when she mated, she may need a few more days. Milk doesn’t always come in before the kittens are born. She definitely sounds like she’s uncomfortable. Hang in there and keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jaderayner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! How long shall I leave it before seeking more advice from vet?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just go ahead and make sure she has places she likes to go to have the babies. Put some cardboard boxes in quiet and private places. Give her options and see if she approves one of them. She’ll probably want you close by when she’s ready to deliver. Have you ever had a cat that had kittens before? Keep us posted!

Jaderayner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've put her a box next to side of the bed with news paper and my dressing gown that she loves in (although my other cat has also taken a liking to it!)...she always sleeps on my pillow above my head or on my chest, every night without fail. Shes my shadow, follows me everywhere, meows for me so I'm very much expecting her to want me with her the whole way through her labour but I wouldn't be anywhere else!...no never! All our cats have always been spayed and neutered like she was meant to be! Shes a very small cat too, half the size of her brother so I'm worried about that too. Will attempt to upload a pic of her just over a week ago

Attachments

CaramelKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your cats are so beautiful! :redheartpump: I was wondering if you happened to know what that coloring was called? I have a kitten (almost adult, acts like a kitten🤪) we recused from a feral mom last June with a similar coloring and I had never seen it before. FE9F2D90-90E8-473B-8799-347F88FA1CB9.jpeg
Thanks in advance!
Also, I hope everything goes well with your kittens! I’m sure they will be as beautiful as Poppy and Prince are!

CaramelKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've no idea if they have an actual name I just call them tabby and white 😂😂😂
Same here! When we first go her, she was pure black and white. As she got older, she got speckles of brown and tan on her face. Then, all her black became tabby stripes. Next thing I know she’ll add pink polka dots! :flail:

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little update. Shes been up and down all afternoon. Not sleeping, in and out of rooms craving fuss
OMG I am in the exact same position with my cat she is a rescued cat actually all our cats are But In February I booked our boy Garfield in to get done and then my female Nitta for a month later as I had to save the money up for her . she is a house cat we had our boy nurtured on the 4th of February and on Wednesday 5th my 6-year-old comes running to tell me Garfield was wrestling Nitta EEK we kept them separate just in case but looks like once was enough she is very pregnant now not what I wanted but I do have homes for the kittens

so she is also heading in to her 10th week of pregnancy, she was more active today and some diarrhoea and I checked her temp 37.1 but I do not think it means anything on its own I probably should have been checking it the last few days.

I hope we both are not waiting too much longer

Jaderayner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG I am in the exact same position with my cat she is a rescued cat actually all our cats are But In February I booked our boy Garfield in to get done and then my female Nitta for a month later as I had to save the money up for her . she is a house cat we had our boy nurtured on the 4th of February and on Wednesday 5th my 6-year-old comes running to tell me Garfield was wrestling Nitta EEK we kept them separate just in case but looks like once was enough she is very pregnant now not what I wanted but I do have homes for the kittens

so she is also heading in to her 10th week of pregnancy, she was more active today and some diarrhoea and I checked her temp 37.1 but I do not think it means anything on its own I probably should have been checking it the last few days.

I hope we both are not waiting too much longer

Omg so glad I'm not the only one!! I haven't thought of checking temp, is it worth doing?

Celticmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am not going to bother doing it again, to be honest, she did not mind me doing it but I think it is something I should have been doing well before now so I could see a pattern. I do not want to cause her any distress she may not like it the next time. you can try under the elbow but her temp will be lower from there.