Help me please 2 resident pusses and one new rescue

pussacata

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just tried the 2nd introduction between my 2 cats and one I just rescued. Itook the rescue tish put her from her safe room to another room then I took Bella and Chloe and put them in the safe room to smell and so I could let tish explore well Bella my alpha just started growling and hissing really bad at Chloe and me pretty much so I didn't even try to let them all in the same room. I don't know what to do I don't want my kitties hurting each other PLEASE HELP GUYS PLEASE

saigo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't have any advice as I have been going through the same thing for a month now. My alpha cat is the new addition not my existing cats which I find strange lol. She's such a nice girls by herself. What I did discover yesterday though is that when I put the harness on her with no lead she feels restrained, so this is going to be my new method. As she just sits there and won't go after my other girls, so I can let them out and she can get used to them that way.

From everything I've read it is a patience, patience, patients thing. That they will eventually come around but can take months. Hang in there! 

catman8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I might be able to help with this. I would get a plug in such feelaway or spelled some like that. Yes it dose stop cats form stress spraying. But hence the word stress. Cats are stressed when you bring home a new cat so anything that helps lessen stress is a good thing.
For the hissing it will go on intill they fuger out who is the new boss cat. Yes you may have had a few other cats in the house but once you brought home the new cat everyones role changed intill they can reset up each others roles. It is a normal thing for cats. I only suggested that plug in to hopefully claim the stress levels down. It is not needed but a good idea to use it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pussacata

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys for the advice I just saw one of those plugs at petco yesterday I just wasn't sure about it I never really thought about the roles of the cats changing that makes a lot of sense. thank you once again ill post how everything works out

pussacata

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried to introduce tish to my other two cats last night again and tish just hissed and growled when Bella tried to approach her in a friendly manner and rushes hissing and growling has Chloe so scared she is now hissing at tish. tish kinda lunged at Chloe also I dont know if she was being aggressive or not. i swapped scents for a week fed them on opposite sides of the door now i just don't know what to do should i try reintroducing them again and how long should I wait? Any advice would b helpful

catman8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you try the feliway stress remover?
How old are the cats?
Also did you try to introducing them one at a time to each other?

Just my own feeling is that they maybe till be trying to figure out who the new boss cat is. it could take awhile.

pussacata

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bella is 18 months Chloe is 6 months and tish is 3 years Bella is the alpha she's trying to b nice but tish is being mean

catman8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm I have been told that kittens some at 4 month do try to fight for the alpha roll. I been told to that white colored cats tend to be the alpha cat not sure what color Bella is.
It dose seem age wise that Tish assumeing you had her first was the alpha but Bella took over being the young cat. Now with a 3rd Chole in the mix being 6 months the youngest might make Bella feel like she might lose for alpha roll.
I really don't know what else to suggest other then the feliway defuse to help with stree. give ideas and things I have heard and read about. with endureing you that things will claim down once they can figure out who the next alpha cat will be.
I know it is not fair that I have 8 cats but till cant figure out who my alpha cat is. I do speend also 24 / 7 with mine and have my oldest laying at my siad Izzy and my youest Kara laying on my legs. Then at night I have them two with my twins Ally and angel sleeping in the bed with me. So maybe I am the alpha of my cats.
All I can say is it will pass once the roles are figured out between the cats.

pussacata

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the advice Bella is white colored and she was my first cat then I got Chloe and just rescued tish two weeks ago from a shelter. Bella isn't afraid or aggressive at all just curious and Chloe hisses at tish because she is scared tish hisses at bella when bella approaches her to try to smell her. And when I put tish back in her safe room Bella hisses and growls at Chloe. I guess its just gonna take sum time