Help me get some zzzzz's, Please!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ahhh, cats and night crazies. We do actually have an article about that - 

Cats and Night Crazies!

@betsygee's idea works like a charm, however you must make a point of ignoring her. Entirely and completely. Don't tell her "No" and don't move. You can keep her outside your bedroom during the night, if it's easier to ignore her crying like that (possibly easier with her not actually pawing at your head?). The key here is to do what you're already doing - playing with her and feeding her prior to going to bed, and then IGNORE her completely. You'd be amazed at how quickly they get the message.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gapeach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Anne, last night was not a good one. I will take your advice and completely ignore her tonight. I don't want to keep her out of my room because I do want her to sleep with me. I will also be checking out that article!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks Anne, last night was not a good one. I will take your advice and completely ignore her tonight. I don't want to keep her out of my room because I do want her to sleep with me. I will also be checking out that article!
It takes a little time--hang in there!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gapeach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night was a good one!!!! I fell asleep on the couch for a few hours, lack of nap caught up with me! When I woke up at midnight I played with her for around half an hour and gave her some treats. She didn't sleep with me......but she DID let me sleep!!

When I went to bed she was still in the living room playing by herself. My husband said when he woke up in his chair, she was staring at him lol. Hopefully tonight will be another good one.