Help! Kittens stuck on roof emergency.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaydee000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats can squeeze into small spaces and jump from fairly high... but I am worried if they've been there so long already and haven't left that maybe they haven't found a way down. Where you live, is there any services that help with animals? Rescue organizations or ?
There is a way , but only big cats come from it , that's why I'm wondering if they jump high enough!! And no services here at all .

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think they are somewhat younger, 3 month perhaps?

Does their momma come up to them?

Anyway, you can perhaps organize some rescue? Find someone crafty and willing to help out...
The problem will be, they will be probably shy, so its not easy to come up and scoop them up... You must perhaps use some sort of trap...

Ps. Where are you, what country and town?

jaydee000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think they are somewhat younger, 3 month perhaps?

Does their momma come up to them?

Anyway, you can perhaps organize some rescue? Find someone crafty and willing to help out...
The problem will be, they will be probably shy, so its not easy to come up and scoop them up... You must perhaps use some sort of trap...

Ps. Where are you, what country and town?
The momma is dead , ( car accident)
I tried my best, even my big strong bro couldn't do anything, even if he climb the wall they run away from him
Please when they will be able to jump enough, in the fifth or 6 mounth maybe!?
I'm in Morocco, here they don't come even for people

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
jaydee000 jaydee000 If it's possible for your brother to climb onto the roof you could try using humane traps to catch the kittens. Do you have somewhere safe for the kittens to me moved to? If it's going to be a case of removing them from the roof and releasing them into the street I would advice against doing this. They are staying where they are because they feel safe there. If you release them into the street they will have nowhere to shelter or hide from danger.

The only reason to move them from the roof would be if the building were going to be knocked down and the kittens would be hurt if left there.

If you have a safe place for them I suggest using a couple of traps like the one in the video below.

They use a water bottle and string to close the trap door. You can also use the pressure plate inside the trap, which makes the door close when the cat goes inside.

jaydee000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
jaydee000 jaydee000 If it's possible for your brother to climb onto the roof you could try using humane traps to catch the kittens. Do you have somewhere safe for the kittens to me moved to? If it's going to be a case of removing them from the roof and releasing them into the street I would advice against doing this. They are staying where they are because they feel safe there. If you release them into the street they will have nowhere to shelter or hide from danger.

The only reason to move them from the roof would be if the building were going to be knocked down and the kittens would be hurt if left there.

If you have a safe place for them I suggest using a couple of traps like the one in the video below.

They use a water bottle and string to close the trap door. You can also use the pressure plate inside the trap, which makes the door close when the cat goes inside.
We tried the method you said , and all other insane methods you can think about, the problem is once they see a person they run away till they enter other houses / roofs, and we can't enter people houses ( we don't want to go to jail ) cameras everywhere.
The house will be there no one will remove it , but I'm worried if I Left them there they will die from thirst or hunger because they r not big enough to jump and be down like big cats , that's why I thought release them in the street may be a good idea
Also I thought about post them like 2 kilos of cat food I will throw it to them + a lot of water, maybe it will be enough for an other 3 mounths , ( if they r now 3 mounths as they told me ) they will be 6 mounth and they will jump and go
That's why I asked if they r really 3 mounths now how many feet they can jump down !?