Help identifying Kitten and mother

AB00

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Greetings, i would like to know my kitten breed so i can read up on any health issues i need to watch out for, i'm a new cat owner so i want to do this right.
we got cat from her mother's owner, the mother is "American sherazi" maybe that means the mother is a mix of an american shorthair and a sherazi? the father is stray/feral (not sure which, i don't know the difference between the two) but she -our kitten- does look like many street cats in our region (Saudi Arabia)

Please check the attachment,
Cat looking at the camera = mother
Kitten sleeping = daughter
I know i'm being captain obvious but just in case

Appreciate any help you can provide

IMG-20201010-WA0001.jpg Screenshot_20201010-111940_Video Player.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Momma may be calmly labelled with Shirazi, no problems with this. Its a type of persian common in many asiatic countries.
She cant be a mix with an american shorthair because she seems to be a longhair, even if the hair arent very long. But its just handy in a hot climate, no?. But why they call her for american I dont know and I dont want to speculate. Best you ask her owner?

The kitten, as you say, looks alike any adorable moggie. :) The salt of the earth. :)

Domestic shorthair, brown torbie and white. Torbie is a combo of tabby and tortie. Because you know her mother is a Shirazi of sorts, its a little plus, but she will nonetheless count as a domestic.

I would guess daddy is a red shorthair.