Help! I Don't Know What To Do Anymore!

RuthellenG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I rescued a kitten 12 years ago. He was not in great health from the start. since then, I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars on surgeries for him not being able to pee. They said they basicallly turned him into a female. He has had tests for a lot of things. blood, exrays which they had to put him to sleep for and I can't even remember what else. He has been evacuated for his bowels a few times, which he had to be put to sleep for. Eye problems in beginning. Pees on my furniture. Got thru that quite a few times and it subsided only to start again. This has caused problems in my home because he has peed on beds and couches ect. bought all waterproof bedding and waterproof covers for my couches in which I have to put off a lot and wash. Now he has an overactive Thyroid and I have to pay for meds for that every month not to mention the 53.00 bags of gastrointestinal for so he can poop plus miralax everyday in his food. His last blood work showed the Thyroid problem, His liver enzymes are elevated (damage), blood in urine, and his kidneys are not functioning properly. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!! He is very affectionate, follows me around, comes when I call him and wouldn't hurt a fly. This is killing me! With all of his issues how can I have any other tests done! The vet mentioned an MRI of stomach and heart because he also has a murmur. That's another 800.00 or more. My husband has had it. If I was rich I would keep going with everything, however, I'm not rich. My heart is breaking! I have taken him to the vet in tears so many time thinking I was going to have to put him down. Went home at lunchtime and say that her peed allllllll ovvvveeeerrr my spare room bed. I don't know what to do. I am so upset. Any advice? Please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RuthellenG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sorry about all the typos. was typing in a hurry

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First, welcome to TCS. If nothing else, you are no longer alone in this. We are here.

My goodness, you have really gone above and beyond for your boy. Many would have given up, but you have not. I know what a drain this can be financially, so these articles may have some suggestions for getting some assistance for you.

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life
Financial Help For Cat Care.

I so hope that you can find some help there! Let me know how he is doing. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

kpc1024

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know you feel terrible. Is your cat happy? I know how financially and emotionally draining it can be. For years, I took care of a cat with seizures, chronic obstipation and recurring uti's.I would run to the ER in the middle of the night, vet visits all the time. When he had a seizure he would pee. Sometimes just one vet visit can feel so overwhelming after a day of work and you just want to sit down and do nothing. A lot of this I did alone but there were times where I needed my wife to step up and help. I had anxiety constantly about him. Wondering if he was ok? Does he need to go to the ER or can it wait until morning? Couldn't sleep if I suspected something was wrong.All this time though, I loved him so much and as much as I could. He brought me such love in return. Sadly, I did put him down, but that is a very personal decision, I am in no way telling you what to do. It is a terrible situation to be in. I do understand what you are going through. I wish I could've kept my boy with me until my end, but that is not how it is supposed to be. Let me know if you want more information or write back if you just want to vent. I get it, believe me. Stay strong.