Help! Healthy Himalayan In Danger Of Euthanasia In Quebec

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rescued/adopted a black Himalayan female several decades past. She was a very calm, affectionate cat, got along with other cats. She was the only cat at her previous home.

Hope you can rescue her. Be careful on the trip. Take a thermos of coffee! My experience is that you can't fall asleep with a full bladder (at least I can't!)

Keep us posted! Check tire pressure (don't forget the spare tire!), coolant level and oil level prior to leaving, and before you depart to return home

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
FelisCatus FelisCatus I found this thread through the Reddit post. I am willing to donate towards the rehoming fee/travel expenses. Please let me/us know how we can contribute to help you out.
Thank you for the offer! I am currently waiting for her to call me back... she said sometime around 8.

I will try and talk her down from $300 and then maybe set up a gofundme or something? I have never created one so that will be an experience in itself as well.

Supposed to be a snowstorm in Quebec city tomorrow too...

Alerts: Québec, Quebec: Québec area - The Weather Network

15-20cm of snow... sigh lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the offer! I am currently waiting for her to call me back... she said sometime around 8.

I will try and talk her down from $300 and then maybe set up a gofundme or something? I have never created one so that will be an experience in itself as well.

Supposed to be a snowstorm in Quebec city tomorrow too...

Alerts: Québec, Quebec: Québec area - The Weather Network

15-20cm of snow... sigh lol
Ugh I hope everything works out. The reddit user messaged me saying a few redditors are willing to help out. :) When you do make a gofundme do make sure to include the travel expenses.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Ugh I hope everything works out. The reddit user messaged me saying a few redditors are willing to help out. :) When you do make a gofundme do make sure to include the travel expenses.
Wow, that’s amazing! What great communities we both have.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Holy heck that was an awkward call...

The kitty cat has quite a few health issues, but whatever...
-some kind of gastrointestinal issue? Will see vet papers tomorrow
-lots of teeth removed a little while back because of infections
-declawed on all four paws
-they will poop on the bed when they get anxious

I spoke to the ladys sister who is a vet technician so I have no doubt in my mind they would have been euthanized if we cannot save them...

Luckily they were willing to go down to $250!

I’ll make a GoFundMe.

Last edited:

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Here is proof of our call

<Removed images because I do not want her bombarded once the GoFundMe goes live>

The first 2 were me trying to call her and she finally answered on the 3rd time.

Last edited:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

-lots of teeth removed a little while back because if infections

I spoke to the ladys sister who is a vet technician so I have no doubt in my mind they would have been euthanized if we cannot save them...

I’ll make a GoFundMe.

-lots of teeth removed a little while back because if infections

I’ll make a GoFundMe.
-She’s probably feeding her crap
-She probably didn’t bother with dental care
-The 4 paw declaw is just horrific
-Of course she’s anxious, her owner isn’t very caring and now she probably gets ignored

But still are you really feeling okay about this? You’re in no way obligated.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
-She’s probably feeding her crap
-She probably didn’t bother with dental care
-The 4 paw declaw is just horrific
-Of course she’s anxious, her owner isn’t very caring and now she probably gets ignored

But still are you really feeling okay about this? You’re in no way obligated.
I’m sick of being all talk all the time... I have been down and crying for over 2 months now with my little princess passing away, and she did her best fighting cancer. It’s time I actually do something.

To answer your question, yes I am feeling okay about this.

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m sick of being all talk all the time... I have been down and crying for over 2 months now with my little princess passing away, and she did her best fighting cancer. It’s time I actually do something.

You are wonderful and loved...
:grouphug2::hugs::hearthrob:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Grieving, then changing that grief into action makes things happen, Big Things Happen. You're doing a damned fine job and above.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

To tell you the truth you were the person that popped into my head when I made this thread. I checked out your profile and didn’t see your location listed and I wondered why I thought of you. But here you are! Crazy how that worked.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean, some 'people' might try to force a quick sale by saying they will put a cat down... but is it worth the risk? The kitty cat did nothing wrong, no reason they should be killed.
I more meant - are you actually sure there is a real cat involved in this at all?

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
I more meant - are you actually sure there is a real cat involved in this at all?
Yeah, definitely... I talked to this lady for over half an hour... she called me back after I made my original call and wanted to talk to my wife lol.

I even spoke to the vet tech sister. If it wasn't for the language barrier you could tell she knew what she was talking about.