HELP! Cat w/ Skin Sore

at0m8om8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Talula. She is a 3-4 year old inside cat. I've been noticing this sore above her eye over the last week or two. It doesn't seem to be healing. (Maybe she keeps scratching at it) Any idea what could cause this? Do I need to take her to the VET?

It started as a smaller sore as if she had been scratching, now it seems to be somewhat scabbed over yet it still is open.

Any advice is welcomed!

Can I use normal antibiotic creams to help heal? Should I try an antifungal? Any creams or oils I can use to help? We dont have much money and I cant afford a huge vet biopsy bill.

Attachments

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would definitely recommend taking her to the vet. It may not require a biopsy. I would explain my financial situation to the vet. There is no shame in not having a lot of money to spend. (We have one in the office that will work with us, another who won't. Unfortunately, we don't get to chose which one sees our cats.) I hope she feels better soon and it is nice to meet you. Please keep us updated on her condition. I've requested to follow your posts in this thread so I can keep up. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree with nurseangel nurseangel . This needs to be seen. Until you get the appointment, you can wash the area with chilled chamomile tea. Buy the commercial bags to ensure that you are getting ONLY German chamomile, and do not use a blend. Pure chamomile. Brew a cup, chill it in the fridge, and swab it on gently several times a day. It is mildly antibacterial, and mildly antifungal, AND it is wonderfully soothing. This will not take the place of a vet visit, but will help keeps things under control until the appointment.