Hello!

amber lamps

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

New member here from West Virginia. My name is Amber, and a few months ago I took in a stray that had been hanging around a friend's farm. He is the cutest little kitten. We named him Rudy. We just moved into a new house, and he escaped through a hole in the window screen, which caused a stressful 24 hour search for him. He decided to come back home on his own time last night. We changed all the screens on the windows, so hopefully nothing like that happens again.

Here are some pictures of the little guy:

While we were looking for him, a few people told us that he was a calico? I've never seen a calico with stripes, so I was wondering what you guys thought.

Thanks!

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
AWE!!! What a LOVE!

Welcome to TCS!

Calico - no.
I have a cat that the vet said was a Calico.
Here's her pic.:

Also, it's very rare that a Calico would be a male cat - a Calico is usually female.

I'm glad you've been able to secure his escape routes - it's ugly out there in the big world!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amber lamps

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys! Gloria, you're cat is so cute! I didn't think he was a Calico, but just wanted to make sure.

I was so relieved when he came back. He's my first "real" cat (my step-dad is allergic, so growing up I would feed and play with strays but never had a cat of my own.) I love him so much. Everyday he brings complete happiness to my life.

He loves to knead, A LOT. I was told it's probably because he was weaned to soon. It's really cute, of course, but it starts to hurt after a while. Does anyone else's cat do the same thing? If so, does it ever stop? I recently bought a fuzzy blanket that he started kneading which my arm is thankful for, but I am still woken up with good morning kneads often. It's really funny sometimes though, because he will come in to the room, jump on the bed and without any hesitation or thought just start kneading.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rudy is an adorable little tabby!
I have lots of kitties who knead. Actually my little Pria tries to nurse off of me.
Hope you enjoy your time here at TCS.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg!!! Amber, I'm in love!! He is adorable!!! That face, that face, that face!! I hope the two of you have a L O N G and happy life. Welcome to TCS!!!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is soooo cute! You must have been very worried. Looks like he's going to be a pretty big kitty to me!

Welcome to you & Rudy!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi Amber,
welcome to our community.

Rudy is an adorable tabby....
cute as can be.

As you learn your way around, if you have site questions, simply click on my username, send a Private Message, I will do what I can to help. Please make yourself at home.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your cute little guy to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions.