Hello From My 2 Smart Cats!

AriSocks

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Aristotle and Socrates :) (Ari and Socks for short)
Ari is the gangly tabby who looks half octopus:
20171017_165950.jpg
and Socks is the pretty bicolour:
20171019_081955.jpg
I live in Spain and we have a terrible stray/abandoned kitten and puppy problem. I don't know anyone in this area who hasn't found at least one kitten or puppy left in a bin or on the street...it's enough to break your heart. So I decided to do my bit and foster some rescued kittens. They were about 5/6 months, so still very much kitteny but no longer tiny, so in the crowded shelters they were being overlooked. A couple days later I'm crying to my boyfriend that it was a horrible mistake because I love them too much and I'll never foster again because letting them go will be too hard...and he said 'I knew you'd say that, I've already come to terms with them staying.' I think hes a keeper too! <3
IMG_20171019_155122_359.jpg
I'm biased but I think they're the prettiest cats who ever lived, so I made them their very own Instagram, @2smartcats, as I'm addicted to taking pics of their beautiful little faces :)
They like tuna, chicken, and double-team-distracting us in order to steal whatever food is on our plates at mealtimes...obsessed with feathers, and best of all love sleeping either on my feet or all cuddled up together!
Thank you everyone for your help and advice on this site - I've never signed up to a forum like this before but it's been soooo useful, especially because they're both complete weirdos and I have to keep asking 'errr is this normal?!'
x

fornana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS! I hope you are enjoying the site so far.

Ari and Socks are indeed beautiful cats. They look like they are besties. And you are like a proud parent showing off their pictures with that Instagram account. That's so cute!

I wish all four of you many years of happiness and love! Thank you also for adopting these precious little souls.
Enjoy the site! There's tons of stuff to learn, and there's always opportunities to share/offer support.:lovecat::geekcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AriSocks

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And you are like a proud parent showing off their pictures with that Instagram account. That's so cute!
Thanks for the welcome :) I am pretty much a proud parent hehe! They're such sweet little guys, they're littermates and they're inseparable :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! And feel free to ask away, although pinning down just what is "normal" in a cat can be tricky! Yours are beautiful, and so very lucky to be off of the streets.

AriSocks

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome! And feel free to ask away, although pinning down just what is "normal" in a cat can be tricky! Yours are beautiful, and so very lucky to be off of the streets.
Thanks for the welcome :) yes I'm noticing that 'normal' is sort of a loose term when we're talking about kitties!!!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
1F5A5A73-27DD-4C68-84FB-2BF1365D5A1B.gif
Ari and Socks. On behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
EAEE896B-79E1-4827-A9A5-1C0551DA973B.gif

Glad that you’ve joined the site and thank you for having a part in fostering and rescuing kitties :clap:

Both your kitties are lovely and we have a special thread thread for them here in Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;) and Bi-color kitties only!

Do post more photos of them.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles here too Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

marvel7703

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Welcome to TCS! I, too, recently joined. :) You're cats are beautiful! I absolutely love their names too! They are just all around adorable. :) Hope to see you around!

AriSocks

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone :)
My kitties actually came with their names marvel7703 marvel7703 so I can't take credit - the lady who rescued them as newborns named the whole litter after ancient Greeks! We were thinking of renaming them but their shortened names suit them pretty well :)

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ari and Socks are adorable! :wave3:
Best wishes to you & them! Enjoy TCS, there's alot of fun & learning here.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: And congratulations on being a "failed foster". ;) Ari and Socks are adorable. :catrub:

AriSocks

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks rubysmama rubysmama - 'failed foster' is such a great way of putting it haha! I get the feeling there are many many other failed fosters around with more kitties than they bargained for! It's their big greeny-gold eyes I just can't say no to them...
20171021_193942.jpg