Hello From Denmark!

chri00x4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I joined this forum for about 5 days ago, and I adopted a cat 6 days ago and she arrived at home 2 days ago, she was very shy, but thanks to the people who helped me and gave me some tips about how to make her less shy, she is now a very confident cat who is not afraid to take over my bed.
IMG_0804.JPG

Here is my introduction, my name is Christine and I am 19 years old and my cat's name is Fnolle, she is a 1 year old Russian Blue mix, and her favorite hobby is sleeping and getting petted. I tried to let her sleep on her bed for the past two nights, but she always jump to my bed and sleep alone or sometimes with me, especially on my legs.
IMG_0816.JPG

How I found her: I was looking around the shelter for a kitten at first who were running around the "cat room", until I saw a pair of greenish eyes inside one of the cage. I asked the worker If there was a cat inside and she answered yes, and told me the cat has been hiding at the back of her bed and was very wary and shy with strangers, she also get easily stress out when she is with other cats, and decide to lock her in the cage. She was owned by a elderly woman who got very sick and was sent to the hospital and she needs to give up Fnolle, because the hospital doesn't allow animals and her children doesn't want to have Fnolle. After hearing the story and going inside her cage to pet her, I instantly decided to adopt her that day. And the woman called me and say thank you to me.
fullsizeoutput_5d0.jpeg
When she first arrived, I thought it will take about 1-2 weeks for her to get used to the house, but I didn't expect that she will stop hiding under my dresser after 5 hours and starting exploring the house. I love her so much, even though she has only been here in my house for only two days. she is very relax, she never bite or scratch to anyone and she doesn't play that much, but when she do she will just jump to me and wants to get pet. she only just sleep for almost two days, mostly because she has hard time sleeping in the shelter, because of the loud noises and her stress level was very high that time. but ever since she starts living here she is the most cuddly and loving cat, it's like her shy attitude never exist.

Me and Fnolle will enjoy using this forum:):)

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to you and the beautiful Fnolle. It's good that she settled in so quickly and you've obviously bonded very nicely already. You'll have fun on here so search around and post lots of photos. :camera:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
It was so good of you to give Fnolle a home. I'm sure the woman was happy to know her kitty would be loved and cared for.

Fnolle is beautiful. Welcome to TCS to you both! :wave3:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
AB5F232A-8875-482E-ACB5-48110407192E.gif
Christine and Fnolle, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
DC65C537-1870-4542-8959-029469D87D33.gif
to both of you.

Glad that you’ve joined the site and thank you for adopting Fnolle. She is lovely :lovecat::lovecat4: Do post more photos of her please.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles here too Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

fornana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hallo willkommen! :lovecat:

Thank you for having such a BIG heart and welcoming darling Fnolle into your life. I hope you both share many years together with tons of happiness.

I also hope you enjoy the site. There are so many lovely people on here! It always brightens my day to come on and see other people passionate about cats.

Take care and enjoy your weekend :hearthrob:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to both of you! Your Fnolle is absolutely beautiful! What a lucky cat she is to have found such a loving home!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site, chri00x4! :dazzler: Your kitty Fnolle is beautiful! :redheartpump: And your adoption story is great. I am so happy you could give this shy girl a loving home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chri00x4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the welcome:). Sorry for the long reply:confused:

voyager

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid, we adopted a large Maine Coon Cat out of the pound.
It had been owned by an older woman that had died.
We were a family with 4 kids in it.
It was pure culture shock for that poor cat.
He was very timid and offish at first.
We all took great pains to ease him into the family.
But, you know that couldn't last with that many kids.
He adapted beautifully to our family even though it was so different from what he was used to.
Rags was our family pet for over 18 years.
He out lasted many dogs.
We, I and my siblings, all still miss him.

Plus, just for the record, my mother's family are from the Danish enclave in Utah.

Last edited:

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's a great story and sounds like a happy ending. Fnoll looks very content and happy! Thanks for taking her in and loving her. I know she's grateful. Welcome to TCS and do post more pics!

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
HI and welcome to TCS! I am sure you will love it here. The people on this site are so warm and caring.
They will help you with any questions you may have regarding your new kitty. Thank You for giving that precious kitty a loving home. She looks so happy and contented! May you enjoy many happy years together. She is beautiful!
Welcome once again and I hope to see you and kitty around the site!