Hello From Colin P.

ColinP.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I joined up awhile ago, but wanted to scratch and sniff a bit before I made an official hello!
I have two great cats (don't we all claim greatness!) My 6 year old all white girl is named Eleanor (after our best first lady), and my boy who is 3 is a Maine Coon named Marx, (after Karl of course). I love history, though by trade I am an architect, who specializes in helping to restore old buildings, mostly 19th century. My wife is a physician (psychiatrist) and has diagnosed me as CRAZY about cats and dogs. She always says I am a "hopeless case" and there are no meds to cure me! Our dog, a Westie, aged 7 is named Franklin, after FDR, and is currently trying to split me and my wife up by sleeping with her....on her side of the bed! .
We live in Manhattan, in a small but lovely pre war. No kids. We always say with cats and dogs you have 2 less problems in life, no college and no weddings!
Best,
Colin

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Sounds like you have a purr-fect little family. Feel free to post pictures of them. :camera:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
8F6694C6-BAEA-4617-A5F5-161998C07EC8.gif
Colin, Eleanor and Marx and of course Franklin, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
1E0DFA87-63AD-4C15-9DC0-79EDC48EADE6.jpeg
to you all.

Glad that you’ve joined the site and feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here Articles | The Cat Site

Do post photos of your kitties and we have a special forum just for Franklin too here in Other Pets & Animals

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
WelcomeSign.gif

Welcome to TCS, @ColinP, Eleanor and Marx! :wave3: I'm glad you introduced yourself and hope to see you posting around the forums. Since you've been exploring a bit already, please jump right in - the more the merrier around here.

Your job sounds fascinating. In addition to doing a good deed by saving old buildings, you must hear some spellbinding stories about the people who lived within them over the last 200 years. BTW: it is not you who needs the meds or is crazy. Medical research has proven conclusively that those of us who adore our pets are the most mentally and emotionally healthy people in the world and known universe. ;) Fact. :biggrin:

We would all love to hear more about Eleanor and Marx and please post photos if you have them. (Of course you do). We can never have too many pictures of cats around here. That goes for Franklin as well. A lot of us are dog lovers, too.

Don't hesitate to post any questions you may have - someone here almost always knows the answer or can guide you to someone who does. I hope you'll make some good friends here. This is a very caring community.

One last thing, if you have not checked out the IMO Forum you might enjoy it with your interest in history. Cats of course are number one around here, but IMO is a place where you can discuss other interests as well.

Again, welcome! And don't forget to show us pictures of Eleanor, Marx and Franklin. :camera:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very warm and friendly welcome to TCS! I like your choice of feline and canine names. :thumbsup: Living with a History major and, more specifically, one who collects antiques from the 19th century I'm sure my husband would find your architectural background fascinating.

As for animals sleeping on the bed, isn't that a requirement if you're a true pet lover? :wink: Our present cat thinks our bed is "his" bed. As others have said, please feel free to post pictures of your furry crew. We definitely love pics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ColinP.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I mistakenly posted Franklin 1 instead of Franklin 2. Frank 1 is now departed, a great boy. Here is Franklin 2...
westies.jpg
Bored or guilty...you decide!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for posting the pics of Marx and his fluffy tail, Ellie and her pink ears, and the 2 Franklins. RIP Franklin 1. :angel3:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Love the pics, thank you for posting them. Marx is indeed handsome, you may want to consider posting it here in the thread for Tuxedo Cats: Tuxedo Cats ;)

Eleanor is a lovely snow white. :whitecat: I have a soft spot for dogs too, Franklin 1 was a stunning chow mix and the backdrop in Riverside Park shows off his red/cinnamon coloring. Our dog absolutely loved snow! Last but not at all least, Franklin 2 is an adorable Westie. Thanks again for showing us your fur crew.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ColinP.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your very nice welcome!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful family! I love the thematically historical names, and each of your furry babies are adorable to boot!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your beautiful family...yes, even the dog! What lovely creatures they all are!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site, ColinP, and welcome to Marx, Eleanor and Franklin! :dazzler: Nice pictures of your crew! :redheartpump: